• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ready to leave the Church yet again.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
I just don't feel it anymore. I am tired of seeing all those couples at Church and single guys that want to hang but I have no interest in hanging out with. Before you say that they might know someone they don't all there friends and relatives are in relationships or married.

I attended a Sunday group but I had to leave because of one older woman swearing. The rest were couples and a couple of single guys one that wanted to hang out but I said I had no intention too. The only possible single girl would not even give me the time of day even when I accidentally bumbed into her she said nothing and is rude. So I left that life group. The rude woman ignores me at Church and even the one that swears says hi to me of course I don't want to talk to her.

It really hit me this week when an married woman sat next to me. I though she was single until I realized it was the married woman with her son.

Then I went to life group last night and an new couple showed up. What ticked me off the most is that I saw her around and I thought she was single. The four couples there would not shut up about their husbands. The only other two guys are single and me.

Also they migtt bring back the face masks in Church which I can't handle. I went berserk one time there but it was in the lobby until one married guy calmed me down. At least I don't have to see Josh stupid smiling face who is always happy with his wife and four kids.

Women at church who are single aren't targets for dating, they're Sisters in Christ. Women do not go to church to get hit on.
Then how come there is one guy after service can easily talk to a woman their who might be single I don't see a man next to her. He talks to her so easy if I try I either freeze up or silent moments end or some rude guy interrupted me which also ends the conversation.

I also don't feel God anymore. It seems like everyone else at the Church is feeling blessed. There is not a month go by that they do a baby dedication or membership inductees showing their wife's and kids.

What did I get when I use to pray, another phobia maskaphobia and I gained weight over 50 pounds even though I still walk and eat the same but it's because I am 6 medications 4 for the face masks. Then I also got into erotica because I have sexual urges because I don't have a spouse.

I also don't feel God anymore. It seems like everyone else at the Church is feeling blessed.

I get that one. The others who talk about being blessed and sharing what God has done for them. God has not promised that we will feel God near us, or that we will have something to brag about. Being faithful while walking in darkness and silence is possible, but not much spoken about in the church, although it is a path that has been know for many years.

Then I also got into erotica because I have sexual urges because I don't have a spouse.
I can understand that one - been there done that - still fighting that one.

Don't leave church please, it's important, there is spiritual protection and blessings in gathering with others, but you go to church to seek God if you can socialize thats a plus, but the important part is seeking God.

Which 'denomination' your church belongs to?

About feeling God... you need to seek him. In prayer, reading, going to a church where they seek the presence of God... "seek me and you will live" it says. Sinning doesn't help in feeling God also, lack of forgiveness is 'deadly' for our spiritual life, if you don't forgive someone God can't act on you too well.

I was never really a big church going type of person myself. It just isn’t for me. But it doesn’t mean that I’m an atheist or think that church is a negative influence on society. I’m sort of agnostic as I do believe in there is something bigger than us out there but I’m not exactly sure it is God. I just never really found a church that connected with me on all levels and that’s okay. You can find other ways to be connected with religion itself and discover your own way to believe that feels natural to you. I might not go to church every Sunday or volunteer to teach Sunday school to kids but I am still a good person who treats everyone with kindness and I am not going to tell people not to go to church if it’s something that they enjoy doing. Just do whatever feels natural to you in terms of religion and stick to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom