• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reading body language - I thought I was good at this

Reading the mind in films
Test taken on 8 November 2019: You scored 12.0 out of 22 in 12.7 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.3 out of 22 in 10.0 seconds
The average score for females with ASD is 12.1 out of 22 in 9.2 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.7 out of 22 in 11.3 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.7 out of 22 in 9.8 seconds
The average score for male neurotypicals is 12.8 out of 22 in 14.0 seconds
The average score for female neurotypicals is 12.8 out of 22 in 13.2 seconds

I guess I am pretty firmly into the asd average. Not sure though if time affects the score. I had to look up a couple of words.
I got 10! Not happy lol! Convinced i would be getting 21, will retry next week.

I somehow did well on voices and faces. Too well in fact, considering that I wasn't too sure on many questions and the choices didn't quite provide the best option.
So, I am apparently more perceptive than an NT female :D :D

Test taken on 8 November 2019: You scored 78.0% in 15.3 seconds. Faces: 80.0% Voices: 76.0%

The average score for males with ASD is 69.3% in 11.5 seconds. Faces: 69.6% Voices: 69.0%
The average score for females with ASD is 69.5% in 11.3 seconds. Faces: 70.4% Voices: 68.6%
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 70.4% in 12.2 seconds. Faces: 72.7% Voices: 68.1%
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 71.9% in 11.4 seconds. Faces: 72.8% Voices: 70.9%
The average score for male neurotypicals is 72.4% in 12.8 seconds. Faces: 76.2% Voices: 68.6%
The average score for female neurotypicals is 75.1% in 11.4 seconds. Faces: 77.6% Voices: 72.6%

I think that the clues are in the words on the voices and faces so they can be worked out. The film's one I need to have another crack at. Anyone who has learnt to read folks though will get the clues from the words said in voices and faces and get close to the answer.

I think that the clues are in the words on the voices and faces so they can be worked out. The film's one I need to have another crack at. Anyone who has learnt to read folks though will get the clues from the words said in voices and faces and get close to the answer.

Yes, I definitely derived a lot from the words. Intonations were subtle and confusing a lot of times, but worlds were highly suggestive.

I wonder what it would feel like for an NT to take the faces test. In my case I seemed to instantly grasp a general class of emotion and then play a quick Jeopardy in my mind before hitting a button. A few times I asked myself to pick my own word describing that exact emotion and it was kinda hard.
Would an NT just "know" instantly?

HOLY MOLY!!!! I really honestly thought I was doing very well and was surprising myself with how well I was doing.

Test taken on 9 November 2019: You scored 8.0 out of 22 in 5.8 seconds

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I haven't been this surprised in a long time. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

HOLY MOLY!!!! I really honestly thought I was doing very well and was surprising myself with how well I was doing.

Test taken on 9 November 2019: You scored 8.0 out of 22 in 5.8 seconds

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I haven't been this surprised in a long time. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Same here, really and truly flunked it, 8 in 11.5 seconds. I think that I rely too heavily on the speech and not don't pay enough attention to the faces/body language, but I can't take in both at once and always focus on the speech.

I still recall when I left a nearly 20-year career behind where some six months later one of my former coworkers ran into me in a store.

In real-time I couldn't even place who she was. But then she wasn't my favorite person to work with either. :oops:

I know. I have met somebody who recognised me from the working environment in a completely different environment and I did not recognise them. We had a conversaton catching up, and I left wondering who was that I just spoke with and where have I met them before?

New Threads

Top Bottom