• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rate a short story

. . .

V.I.P Member
Use this thread to rate a short story you've read recently.

Here are a few I've read in the last few days:

Miss Gentilbelle by Charles Beaumont - 5/5

An emotionally unstable mother dresses and treats her only child -- a young boy -- as a little girl and kills his pets as a form of punishment.

The Magic Man by Charles Beaumont - 4.5/5

A highly respected aging magician who's obviously not far from dying gives away his secrets.

Perchance to Dream by Charles Beaumont - 4/5

A man is worried that if he falls asleep he'll be murdered by the woman in his reoccurring nightmare.

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce 3.5/5

Soldiers hang an Alabaman farmer for trying to stop northern military movements across a bridge.

Sail 25 (AKA Gateway to Strangeness) by Jack Vance - 3.5/5

as64.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Eight space trainees apprehensively await their new instructor, Henry Belt. Despite the many strange and outrageous stories they have heard about him, including his legendary drunkenness, one of them notes that all of the top men in space seem to have trained under Belt . . .

Liane the Wayfarer (AKA The Loom of Darkness) by Jack Vance - 4.5/5

GBarr010.jpg

Wikipedia said:
A vain, overconfident, utterly amoral adventurer who calls himself Liane the Wayfarer is traveling through the forest, contemplating a magic ring he has just found. The ring allows him to hide himself by stretching it into a hoop and lowering it over himself, transporting him into a mysterious world of complete darkness. Liane encounters a creature called a Twk-Man, tiny blue men who ride dragonflies and exchange gossip for tiny quantities of items such as salt. The Twk-Man tells Liane of a beautiful woman, a witch named Lith, who lives nearby . . .

Harrison Bergeron - By: Kurt Vonnegut 5/5

Story is here. <<< There you go.

I remember reading this in 9th grade and it was interesting. I also liked the TV special for it and one of the movies were all right too. Although the TV special that was on an HBO like network was awesome!

The Valley Was Still by Manly Wade Wellman - 4.5/5.

O Ugly Bird! by Manly Wade Wellman - 5/5.

It's a shame that everything by Manly Wade Wellman is out of print. I look forward to reading more of his stories.

New Threads

Top Bottom