• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Raspberry pi question

Ghostinthemachine

Hello

I am thinking about getting my first raspberry pi, does anyone know if you can play old zx spectrum games on a raspberry pi using an emulator?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can easily play ZX Spectrum games using the emulator ZEsarUX. I have done this myself on the Raspberry Pi 4 and 5.

I connected a mini HDMI cable, a mico-USB hub and a USB cable into a power cube into all of the ports, but my TV didn't display anything. However, I tried ordering a proper power plug for it on Amazon, so fingers crossed that's the problem.

I would like at FPGA setups for things like this, you will get a 1:1 experience to the real hardware. There are cheap FPGA single boards that can fit these systems on them, so don't need to spend big on something like a MisterFPGA.

I see this has already been answered, but for anyone else looking for a solution outside of the traditional desktop / Raspbian approach, Batocera is pretty slick and runs on a Pi (among other things). No need to download additional cores (unless you're playing some kind of rare or obscure system) or anything fancy, just flash it and you're good to go.

The only downside is that it doesn't currently run on an Orange Pi (or not the ones I have), but pretty much every other SoC is covered. You can even liveboot it on your desktop or laptop and give it a spin

New Threads

Top Bottom