• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random stuff--new Google logo, and FB newsfeed settings on smartphone

DogwoodTree

Still here...
Anyone else notice how similar the new Google logo looks compared to the AC logo? It's distracting. I wish Google would go back to their old logo (because I like AC's the way it is).

And speaking of distracting...Facebook's latest app update on my Android makes comments under newsfeed posts blink through each reply instead of just showing one reply. So now there are blinking/flashing boxes all the way through my newsfeed. I figured out how to turn off auto-play on videos, but I couldn't find how to turn off this reply ticker crap, whatever-it's-called.

Even just doing research for work...so many sites now include auto-play videos or flashy/blinky ads that are terribly distracting. It's really, really hard to focus and read an article when there are flashy/blinky boxes all around the text.

I don't use my phone to browse on the net at all, I find the screen and keyboard too small and difficult to use.

I totally agree with you about auto-play videos and flashy/blinky ads... they drive me crazy!!! I can't focus on reading at all. Gif images and moving banners are also a problem. I have two ways of dealing with them: I can block the videos and have a Firefox extension that freezes gif images, and I cover the moving or flashing ad with a piece of paper the right size.

I don't use my phone to browse on the net at all, I find the screen and keyboard too small and difficult to use.

I totally agree with you about auto-play videos and flashy/blinky ads... they drive me crazy!!! I can't focus on reading at all. Gif images and moving banners are also a problem. I have two ways of dealing with them: I can block the videos and have a Firefox extension that freezes gif images, and I cover the moving or flashing ad with a piece of paper the right size.
I'm the same way, except I never knew there was a way to block gifs! But I'm not as troubled by those, seemingly. Flashing ads and autoplay videos go away when I install adblock, and noscript probably gets whatever ab doesn't.

New Threads

Top Bottom