• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rainy days... A love/hate relationship

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
It's raining today, on a Sunday of course, it was supposed to be the first classic car show of the year and a parking lot full of classic cars to photograph, instead... And of course the day before was 25 Celcius, the day after (tomorrow) the rain will stop...

Long story short, I tend to associate rain quite often with spoiling events or things I want to do, this year in particular and classic cars, I still haven't made it to a classic car event and it's way too late for that, winter weather lingering well into spring has really messed things up

I know there is nothing I can do about weather, and that everyone else is stuck with it... I just hate it when people just blow it off, one friend always tells me "nothing you can do about it, just deal with it" and whenever he says that it drives me crazy, and I know I need to learn to deal with stuff like this better but it's a struggle for me, and days like this get me down, like the age old question why can't the rain hold off until a weekday when it doesn't matter as much...

I should be getting photos like this one from one year ago (and I probably shouldn't really have any expectations, or should I?)

Digi_04B(9503).jpg

Instead I'm getting this, just a short downtown walk in the rain...

Digi_01B(1748).jpg

Last edited:
It does really suck when this happens, especially as those classic car days seem to be what keeps you going!! Maybe this is photography heresy but I actually really like the black and white photo you put up of the Calgary Chinese Cultural Center and the chef created meals van. Who knew Calgary had a Chinese center? I think off it, being from the USA, as the rodeo place. So anyway, hope your weather luck gets better soon!

It does really suck when this happens, especially as those classic car days seem to be what keeps you going!! Maybe this is photography heresy but I actually really like the black and white photo you put up of the Calgary Chinese Cultural Center and the chef created meals van. Who knew Calgary had a Chinese center? I think off it, being from the USA, as the rodeo place. So anyway, hope your weather luck gets better soon!

We have a Chinatown district downtown here, a few blocks of it... And actually the weather is getting better tomorrow, of course...o_O

I was stopped from getting to a car show once because the only "mountain" road between us and it was closed, and we couldn't find another route that wouldn't take an extra 2 hours (I would've been happy to, my dad not so much) - had a full on meltdown. I feel your pain.

I find myself quiet loving rain at most times. There's just something surprisingly calming in the rythmical sound of droplets hitting the ground and even more in the smell of the air while it happens and since I'm rather hesitant towards taking part in less or more crowded activities, the spoiling of the fun doesn't really concern me.

Still, I understand your point and am sorry that you had to miss the show.

Could you look for the upsides maybe, like rain being needed to enable car production processes, to keep the roads clean, to wash dust off roadside trees and plants, to fill the sea and enable oil rigs to exist, to feed and water the animals they made the leather seats of old cars out of, to grow the trees they made stuff like walnut wood folding picnic flaps out of? We had an old Wolsey that had those.

I just hate it when people just blow it off, one friend always tells me "nothing you can do about it, just deal with it" and whenever he says that it drives me crazy, and I know I need to learn to deal with stuff like this better but it's a struggle for me, and days like this get me down, like the age old question why can't the rain hold off until a weekday when it doesn't matter as much...
Yes, I can relate to the way you feel about this. It's not helpful, and doesn't show much empathy. It's very dismissive, making light of your feelings. You have those feelings for a reason, and no one can take them away from you. No, you can't do anything about the rain, but that doesn't mean that you can't have feelings and opinions about it. Your feelings are yours and they are valid.

Similar is disagreeing with a policy and then being told that I can't expect the world to change for me. No, I don't expect the world to change for me, but I can have an opinion on it.

For me, daytime depends on how I would perceive raining weather.
I love to sleep while raining but if it's the time I would like to go for a walk rain makes me upset.

New Threads

Top Bottom