• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quotes

Sipe

One of my hobbies is finding good quotes. I actually make T-shirts of them sometimes. So in this thread, I want you to write your favorite quotes. If you have made your own quotes as well, please share them with us. And please, put the name of the original author of the quote if it`s not yours. And it would be nice if you also write down the profession/title of that person as well.

Here are some of my favorite ones and one quote made by me:

" Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense" -Buddha (The founder of Buddhism)

"What we think, we become." -Buddha

"I think, therefore I am" - Ren? Descartes (Philosopher)

"I think I am, therefore I am. I think..." -George Carlin (Stand-Up comedian, philosopher)

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" -George Carlin

"The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept." -George Carlin

"Asperger Syndrome is not a disease or disorder it is an ability you should take advantage of." -Sipe (An awesome dude)

"My minds wanders too much, so I put a shock collar on it." - me

"Psychiatric medication makes everything fun!" - me

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"I think everybody's nuts." - Johnny Depp (did you honestly think I could write up a list of quotes and not use one from him?)

"Movies are like an expensive form of therapy for me." - Tim Burton

To fellow Aspiring leaders to voice support for us:

?Unity to be real must stand the severest strain without breaking.? --- M. Gandhi

Sadly, we are going to be disunited because we are too strained to even focus on the bigger issue in hand that never seem to be right on track.

"I am what I am regardless of the blood in my veins" - D from Vampire Hunter D

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste" - United Negro College Fund

"To be a successful state, we must nurture successful children." - Lawton Chiles

"Good night and may the good news be yours," - Ralph Renick

"All our lives, we rework the things from our childhood, like feeling good about ourselves, managing our angry feelings, being able to say good-bye to people we love." - Fred Rogers (The World According to Mister Rogers)

Those are the quotes I like. :)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain

Delay is preferable to error.
Thomas Jefferson

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.
Abraham Lincoln

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
:lol:
That's a great one!

Most of the quotes I remember either dire sentences from books or snippets from movies that I can use myself to good effect, so they aren't "quotes" in the normal sense. But here some are:

"You are closer to death than I." Fiver, Watership Down

"HURRY UP NOW ITS TIME" The Waste Land, T. S. Eliot

"Boy, they are dumb!" Dug, Up (Pixar). [It has many uses, most often when I'm driving]

Oh, and apparently at some time the American Society of Mammalogists distributed a bumper sticker stating "I stop for roadkill"
The implication being to pick it up. Good roadkill can make nice scientific specimens.

A personal quote:

'I bash your opinions either because you cling too tightly to them, or I question your thoughts on them.'

New Threads

Top Bottom