• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question

It's illumarty
eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg

What does "Hot Topic" mean?
What makes a thread a "Hot Topic"?
[I don't mean what content.]

What is the required aspect necessary for a thread
to be labeled "Hot Topic"?

That's as many ways as I can think of to ask that question
and make it clear what it is I want to know.o_O

I don't have that on mine, now I feel jealous of the whatever-it-means I don't have! And since tapatalk decided to update itself a few days ago I no longer have the option to add attachments either. Boo hiss.

I don't have that on mine, now I feel jealous of the whatever-it-means I don't have! And since tapatalk decided to update itself a few days ago I no longer have the option to add attachments either. Boo hiss.

Maybe you aren't looking in the right place?

"Hot Topic" is a designation given by to forum for
some threads...although I don't know what type of
measurement is used. Number of responses?
Number of responses within a certain amount of time?
I don't know. That's why I am asking.

When you are in a general forum, 3 headings regarding topics
show over on the right, just below the search window:
"New Topic, Hot Topic, New Replies."

Two of them I understand. "New Topic" is a thread that has
been recently posted. "New Replies" are any replies that have
been recently posted. "Hot Topic" is the one I don't have a
definition for. I don't know what makes a thread a "Hot Topic."

Hmm, the set-up on my phone is totally different(I would have been able to take a screen shot and attach it but the update fiend stole that option...). As for the Hot Topic, I'm guessing that maybe it is equivalent to Trending, which is one of the options I get. I'm not 100% on that either but my best guess is that topics qualify by being the most frequently viewed over whatever timescale. Ach, I'm so techno - ignorant!

Hmm, the set-up on my phone is totally different(I would have been able to take a screen shot and attach it but the update fiend stole that option...). As for the Hot Topic, I'm guessing that maybe it is equivalent to Trending, which is one of the options I get. I'm not 100% on that either but my best guess is that topics qualify by being the most frequently viewed over whatever timescale. Ach, I'm so techno - ignorant!

I understand that "Hot Topic" equates to 'Trending' or 'Popular.'
What I want to know is the specific measurement that means a thread
will be designated as a "Hot Topic."

Frequency/proportion/whatever....

Ok, sozzy

Which is why I keep flapping around in here.
Hoping that if there is enough movement/volume/activity
an admin will eventually notice and tell me:
the specific measurement that means a thread
will be designated as a "Hot Topic."

Frequency/proportion/whatever....:confused:

A. Is it possible for the Chat to accurately reflect how many people
are really in Chat?

I look in there, now and then, but the number rarely is the actual
number of people who are there.

B. Is it possible to have Chat so that a person could see who was
there without having to enter that area?

New Threads

Top Bottom