• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question if what I am having delusion of grandeur

I thought you had been trying on plastic crowns in the novelty section and someone had remarked there's a person with a sense of humour.

I actually was at a shop where the till lady said I had OCD because of the way I had been checking out labels and am slow generally (it wasn't crowded so I wasn't holding anyone up, and I wasn't spoiling goods with greasy fingers or something). She probably merely had someone in her family like that. She probably is gifted with coming out with remarks like that. I was sorry she wasn't on duty at my subsequent visits.

When I go out I treat it like some stately small-scale renaissance ballet, or a cool chamber trio: I just tap into my inner harmony and wit and timing. That way I feel good and don't annoy anybody at the same time.

If I catch people overhearing me talking to myself - as long as it is pedantic and anodyne - I treat it as a (rather small) joke and that usually suffices.

Avoiding eye contact does marvels for me, then they know it's not about them.

We are all more grand than we wished, and less grand than we dread. (Unless we're having a spell then it's the other way up ;) )

New Threads

Top Bottom