• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question for Aspies

I don't think my friends actually understand me 100%, while my parents sort of understand me.

I've always been friends with popular people...but nice popular people. So they might not understand- I've never told them I've got Aspergers- but they've always realised that I'm a bit different and they treated me the same as they would everyone. Boyfriends I tend to completely confuse and it never works out. One minute I'm happy and talkative and then the next minute I'll be distant because they've crossed some invisible line. My parents are straightlaced and not so understanding, but we have a good relationship. My mum and I have got red hot tempers, whereas my dad is always patient until he blows up, so it can be pretty stormy at times. I get angry for what they see as the most pointless things, like if my mum clicks her tongue or something, that'll be enough to set me off. My wider family...we have so many lunatics and depressives and undiagnosed Aspies that one more, a really quiet one like me, doesn't make much difference. However they are very very loud so now I'm growing up they tend to be a bit impatient with how quiet I am around them, especially since not all of them know I have AS.

I don't have real friends. The people I talk to do not understand me. They try to maybe.

I don't think anyone understands me. My mom was the one who actually diagnosed me with AS, yet I don't believe she really understands parts of it. My family in general just doesn't understand me. I'm not sure about my friends... but even way before I knew I have AS I always believed that no one understands me, and I still do. And there are many things I wouldn't ever tell people, because everyone would laugh at me or think I'm weird.

My grandma on my dad's side doesn't really understand me. She's in denial about the whole Asperger's thing though, and has been since I was first suspected to have it, so I don't really talk to her about it. I tried to, in the past, but she dismissed it as "nonsense" and didn't want to hear it. tbh I'm not that close to her now, but we get on OK.

New Threads

Top Bottom