• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pushing myself too hard again

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
It's getting close to time again for my major Remembrance Day photo project, something I've done for over 15 years

Two weeks to get my desired results, and I do push myself very hard, in a nut shell I need to get permission to take people's (strangers) portraits

Had a day off work today to try to get some photos, nothing, zero, nothing :confused: Asked two people, "no"... Saw a couple of other people, but they were too busy walking so couldn't ask, so zero for two thus far

I will go out this weekend as I always do, but the first weekend is always a challenge, then the first full weekend in November where I generally have more success with getting the photos, but it's always good to get a head start...

I always have a target number, and always struggle with the rejection of the "no's", because it just makes the task that much harder, I do realize there are a variety of reasons why people say "no", for some reason in my head today feels like a bad start already

Hang in there boss. Enjoy the process. It’s the journey not he destination. I appreciate your talent and am proud to know you on this site.

Stand tall, stay strong like the mighty mushroom. You inspire people, you’re a star.

1667006967820.jpeg

Off to a bad start already... One for three... Got one portrait, one person was busy going to work, one person declined and didn't want to be photographed, was polite though... I have a quota I want to reach and people look like that make much harder... But of course I will respect that :confused:. That's why I get frustrated, I do know at least of you would probably say no as well, and I try to understand...

You have so much talent, @Sherlock77. Please keep on trying.

People seem really edgy right now to me. Everyone is getting paranoid about other people, especially strangers. Maybe try a different time of day or different day of the week when you seek permission to take photos? Maybe around noon when more people are walking around on their lunch breaks?

You have so much talent, @Sherlock77. Please keep on trying.

People seem really edgy right now to me. Everyone is getting paranoid about other people, especially strangers. Maybe try a different time of day or different day of the week when you seek permission to take photos? Maybe around noon when more people are walking around on their lunch breaks?
I typically spend three to four days on this project with lots of walking in the process...

New Threads

Top Bottom