• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

programming & scripting

What language you should learn depends what you want to accomplish. Python's a good overall language. For the stuff I do it's only C for ultra high performance.

sorry for the delay guys I'm in the middle of moving and been on a long training course.

I did make a game out of Batch in the end :sunglasses: just to learn.

Is it fair to say 99.9% of programming language are scripting ? or would that not be fair to say.

also after messing with Basic (a little) I can't help but see the similarities in most programming languages to Basic. Would everything be built on Basic or would you say something like Unix is what most languages are built on ? Most computers seem to have used Microsoft basic in the 90s

This is just a little hobby and as you have said Python seems like a good start.
So don't go anyware as I may have many many many many quetions for you ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet if this forum favors necroing older threads vs starting new ones on the same topic as those which already exist, but...

Just picked this up for some fun retro-programming times. It's really just a glorified VICE, but with loads of a e s t h e t i c and liminal-space vibes. Can't wait to mess around in BASIC just because I've never really done it yet outside of fantasy consoles.

1660910757784.png

Also, I've been really wanting to learn DSP so I'm checking this thing out. I get this feeling it'll take years before I develop a simple LPF, but it looks like a lot of fun to try. Anyone else still coding?

New Threads

Top Bottom