• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Problems with love/relationships (PDD-NOS)

I was wondering if I were the only one with PDD-NOS who had major problems with love and relationships. I tend to cheat and break up with the ones who actually like me and care for me. I can't say no and I have a weird habit of only wanting people who hurt me and doesn't care about me. What about you? I don't know much about PDDNOS but I would really like to!

I don't have PDD-NOS (to my knowledge anyway), but I used to do the same thing when I was young. There's a quote by Groucho Marx that says, "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member." This pretty much sums it up for my behavior at the time. I subconsciously assumed that anyone who cared for me must be crazy or have something wrong with them. I suppose I also subconsciously punished them for caring for me. Conversely, the ones who didn't care for me or who treated me badly seemed like they were worth my effort. Of course, I had everything backwards, but it was based on a poor self-image and self-esteem issues.

[Edit] You might want to PM Vanilla and ask about resources to learn more about PDD-NOS, or just do a search on the Internet. I'm sure there's tons of info out there if you want to learn more.

Well nobody would ever have me so I'm not sure what my general dating pattern was like! That was worth dating anyway. But when I did finally meet the guy I ended up marrying, I was more jealous over who I belonged to than him. So while I'd be amused at any women who flirted with him and he'd be understandably irritated by them, I was very aggressive in chasing off any guys that flirted with me before he had the chance to do it himself. But I can understand your sentiments. I don't know your story, but must guys interested in me really did have issues I didn't appreciate (alcoholism, in example) so I did have heavy suspicions about them when they'd turn an eye my way.

Could your self-sabotage possibly be from self-worth issues like Cali Cat?

I was wondering if I were the only one with PDD-NOS who had major problems with love and relationships. I tend to cheat and break up with the ones who actually like me and care for me. I can't say no and I have a weird habit of only wanting people who hurt me and doesn't care about me. What about you? I don't know much about PDDNOS but I would really like to!
ok I've dealt with cheating on my ex we did try to work things out but I still was having a hard time with changing. I want to speed the rest my life with her. But but playing something over and over again on my head causes me to act on it in the dumbest way and now it dosent look good for me now. So what I'm trying to get at is, where you able to change how you go about a relationship. So you don't screw up? If so can you give me any advice to help me out. Please and thank you.

ok I've dealt with cheating on my ex we did try to work things out but I still was having a hard time with changing. I want to speed the rest my life with her. But but playing something over and over again on my head causes me to act on it in the dumbest way and now it dosent look good for me now. So what I'm trying to get at is, where you able to change how you go about a relationship. So you don't screw up? If so can you give me any advice to help me out. Please and thank you.

oliviamorgenstern was last seen: Nov 25, 2015

New Threads

Top Bottom