• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Problems with a friend

giphy.gif

this is how you deal with drama. Goku is shooting his drama beam at you, so you nut up and punch Goku right in his face.

That might help in dealing with my lovely neighbor - The Biatch. :)

Well said. It took me years to learn that lesson mostly because I was afraid of what I'd lose. Because like you said, you care about the person. But eventually it just gets to a point where you have to put yourself first instead of the drama. Difficult but necessary. It feels good later on when you suddenly realize how long it's been since you let go of the burden yet you're still able to rest easily knowing that you're still a listening ear for the other person if they need you.

You know what niggles at me and bothers me though. I hate to think that he blames my religion for my distance. It's not because of what I believe, it's because of his attitude. Not sure how to deal with that. I try my best to be there. I was telling a friend about this the other day and she told me not to worry, she said that one of the things she notes about me is that I am good and making time for my extended family. I hope my family feel the same way she does, but family never know of those moments at 5am when you wake up worrying about how they are.

You know what niggles at me and bothers me though. I hate to think that he blames my religion for my distance. It's not because of what I believe, it's because of his attitude. Not sure how to deal with that. I try my best to be there. I was telling a friend about this the other day and she told me not to worry, she said that one of the things she notes about me is that I am good and making time for my extended family. I hope my family feel the same way she does, but family never know of those moments at 5am when you wake up worrying about how they are.
Doesn't really sound like some YOU can deal with because you're not the problem here. He has to own up to his mistakes and accept that he's had a poor attitude about this whole situation. We're all free to believe in whatever we choose. That shouldn't stop us from being supportive of our friends. You can't change ppl, they have to WANT to change. So just live your life and hopefully he'll come around when he realizes that the way he's acting won't get him anywhere. Try not to worry or feel bad. We've all been there. Smile.

New Threads

Top Bottom