• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Problem with Firefox not handling the saved username/password for this site properly

TallyMan

This too will pass
For some bizarre reason Firefox doesn't work properly with this site with the auto login feature. Instead of saving my password for this site under my username "TallyMan" it saves it under the username "Password" this then gives a failed login attempt! This means I have to manually login to this site every time. Bit of a pain. Strange. Don't get this problem with any other forums or sites. I use the auto login feature all the time on WP and elsewhere.

Re: Problem with Firefox not handling the saved username/password for this site prope

Regardless of how many times you save the password, after an amount of idle time, it would automatically log you out and you would have to sign back in which is for security reason, but I might consider talking to Calvert about this idea.

Have you tried using other browsers? I'm using Safari and as far as I know, I get the same issue.

Re: Problem with Firefox not handling the saved username/password for this site prope

This may be a bug with the forum software itself. I'm also aware that sometimes there are display issues when using Opera browser.

I'll take a look into it and see what I can do. If I can't do anything then i'll raise the issue with the software developers. Thanks for reporting it.

Good idea, maybe we should have a bug tracker in the forum at some point so we can track and try and fix one the annoying bugs on the forum. It would also help us with optimizing it.

We sure don't want these annoying bugs, for starters, it wouldn't feel attractive. :lol:

after an amount of idle time, it would automatically log you out and you would have to sign back in which is for security reason, but I might consider talking to Calvert about this idea.

I don't like this auto log out feature. I've just read something in another tab and I've been logged out of this forum in the mean time. It will be damn tedious keep logging in again every few minutes, especially since the auto-login doesn't work on Firefox for this site. Maybe there should be an option people can chose whether to use this auto log out feature or not. It will surely depend if someone is using a shared computer somewhere or their own computer at home. No point being auto logged out if the site is only visited from home.

Yes, i have this issue too Ian.

When are you going to look into it? Its one of those features that is literally annoying me.

Hey guys, I was out for most of today but I can assure you that I will look into it soon.

As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any reason (or option) to be automatically logged out. I'll see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Hey guys, I was out for most of today but I can assure you that I will look into it soon.

As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any reason (or option) to be automatically logged out. I'll see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Awesome, I'm also looking into it aswell.
It looks like it has actually stopped doing that with me but idk if I didn't leave it off long enough?

I had a brief look at the forum settings and I can't see what would be wrong. I'm going to assume that it's an issue specifically with the FireFox browser, unless members report on the contary. I've downloaded Firefox and will do some tests tomorrow to try and detirmine the problem.

It will be great when it is up and running because this is currently my homepage.

Meanwhile, just to update you, this forum works well on Google Chrome and IE.

Just to update everyone that is experiencing this problem:

The problem seems to be present in all major internet browsers. The fault is currently that of the forum software and a bug report has been submitted to the developers.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon but in the meantime, get your browser to save your user/pass so you don't have to re-enter it manually each time you get logged out. Most browsers have a feature to auto-fill user names and passwords which saves time. Like I say though, it's up to the forum software developers to fix this problem.

The only major problem that needs to be sorted now is the blue bar not working on the iPad version of Safari and the Who's Online Box going green in FireFox 3.6 which is weird.

The only major problem that needs to be sorted now is the blue bar not working on the iPad version of Safari and the Who's Online Box going green in FireFox 3.6 which is weird.

Indeed, half the time on my iPod Touch, it gets in the way of the text and it makes it really difficult to actually what the OP is saying.

i got the same prolim help

Sorry guys, but it doesn't look like this problem will be fixed anytime soon. I haven't heard back from the software developer about this problem.

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure cookies are enabled and that they aren't emptied when you close your browser.

I think the issue occurs more to the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices, works perfectly on my nokia. :)
This site is best viewed on Opera Mini/Opera Mobile 10 on your mobile device.

thank for letting us no

What I have recently discovered is really weird, because this only applies to Admins and Moderators, but once you log into the Mod Panel, you find that when you go back to the forums, you're actually still logged in.

That's the weird and amazing thing about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom