• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Probably the wrong place to ask this,

Love and hate are both forms of passionate emotions. In fact you can hate someone and still love them. You can love someone and still hate them. Either way, both are extreme forms of emotion that are directed at someone. Both take a lot of energy and focus on what is going to happen to that person, what you want to do with them, etc.

With apathy though, you just don't care about them or what happens to them. That's why it's the polar opposite of love more so than hate is. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin, but apathy is another currency altogether.

Okay I think that makes some sense.

To me, love is no longer an emotional attachment solely. I think it has evolved into an outpour of appreciation for the other person's just being + attachment. The need to be loved comes from a different root, I feel. Normally if I want to/am desperate to be loved by someone, it means that I am insecure about my own worthiness and value.

I would probably be much more pragmatic and say it is the sensation experienced on release of a certain cocktail of neurotransmitters

I would probably be much more pragmatic and say it is the sensation experienced on release of a certain cocktail of neurotransmitters

So in essence someone could go their entire life without feeling loved, if they are missing key neurotransmitters? Fascinating

We all have the neurotransmitters, just need to secret them from our synapses.

New Threads

Top Bottom