• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poppys

Starflowerpower87

1AC8963A-45AF-487D-8A3C-2867D6415508.jpeg
C8C3FC4D-04EF-4650-A46C-F30489366E2C.jpeg
96317F99-1BF3-48F9-9D16-E60185699798.jpeg

Are the blue ones Grape Hyacinth, or something similar that looks like it? I have the same tulips, red with yellow/black center.

We had quite a superbloom out here in CA. It is still going on at higher elevations. They generally start at lower, warmer elevations and as the season goes on cooler and cooler areas get their blooms.

@Forest Cat I’m not 100% sure, but the purple flowers might be phlox. My parents have some in their garden.

Edit: never mind, you said blue flowers lol! Sorry

The red, black, gold flowers are tulips, not poppys. The reproductive components in the centre of the flower, the leaves and petal pattern are the best ways to spot the differences. My mum grows lots of tulips in the garden every year. But I always preferred poppys.

The poppy leaves are so much more interesting. Also the flower petals on a poppy are so delicate. They crease easily and aren't as smooth and hardy as the tulips.

Tulip
pvplwipruay8awc9ofzk.jpg

Poppy
Red-Poppy_large.jpeg

Papaver_rhoeas_-_K%C3%B6hler%E2%80%93s_Medizinal-Pflanzen-101.jpg

Ed

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom