• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Popcorn poll.

Popcorn?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • It's OK.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Nope.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Microwave.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Air popped.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Movie theater.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • With butter.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Caramel corn.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Kettle corn.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other (please specify).

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, reminds me of when the lonely old blind man put two bags of popcorn into the microwave and popped it for his guest, who just happened to be Frankenstein's monster.

Where the creature happily bellowed, "Gooooooooooooooooooooooood!"

(The cigars came later.) ;)

Last edited:
I love Caramel Corn and Cheese Corn (with Cheddar!) from the Garrett Popcorn Shop. Anytime I transit through O'Hare I will pick up a bag. And, this Easter they are making a Frango Chocolate Mint popcorn!!!

Regular popcorn is good, air popped or popped in a pot. Microwave popcorn hardly works right. Popcorn sold in sealed bags in stores taste good, too.

It definitely needs salt. Being a vegan I like it with margarine or spicy - I’ve gotten Cajun popcorn from the store. There’s even a vegan “cheese” style popcorn made with nutritional yeast, which is good. I’ve had kettle corn, which is good. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a vegan version of caramel corn, too. (I used to like popcorn at the movie theater before becoming a vegan - I’ve recently heard a rumor that the “butter” they put on it isn’t real.)

There’s also a recipe for peanut butter popcorn I used to make where you melt margarine and peanut butter together, and pour it over the popcorn. That was really good.

I like Orville Redenbacher's, it's my preferred brand.

I do not trust the times they tell you to do with microwave popcorn because my microwave is only 900 watts and if I do the time like they say on the bag, then the microwave will finish when like half the dang kernels aren't even popped.

Pop Secret in the microwave with butter.
Great for watching tv with.

The movie theatres do indeed have a way of making the best popcorn.

Kettle corn and cheese corn are good too.

I like it but since I had a twisted bowel incident and subsequent operation, na, gonna avoid it. Along with jacket potatoes and other possible blockers! After many years enjoying it though...

Once l came upon salty, sweet, cheddar in one bag. Delish. Once in awhile, carmel popcorn is nice. In Hawaii, we mix in Japanese seaweed little crackers which they sell in the theater, with the popcorn, ono delicious.

Attachments

• 1711014501488.png
    1711014501488.png
    941.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom