• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poor pizza kid...

Athelstan

I absolutely hate when people knock at my door, especially when I am not expecting anyone. Tonight my wife was not home, and after it got dark outside someone knocked at my door, loudly. I wasn't expecting anyone. I ignored it, and so the person knocked more violently and loudly. That really freaked me out. I picked up a metal bar to a bed frame that had broken, and answered the door with it, just in case. My dog also hates strangers, and so he was going nuts. The poor kid looked petrified as he asked me if I ordered pizza (I did not). Moral of the story: don't surprise an Aspie! ^_^

So.. did they deliver pizza for no reason? Or did your wife order it and forget to give you a heads up?

I'm the same way with knocking. It freaks me out. If I'm not expecting someone, I ignore it. And if the knocking doesn't stop, I get afraid that I am about to be robbed or tricked or worse, so I hide upstairs. I won't even look out the window to check until a bit of time has passed. Usually though, it's just Jehovah's Witnesses (can tell by the dark colors of what they are wearing and the pamphlets in their hand once I look out the window) or those people who knock on your door asking for money for charity when in fact that money goes to overhead (paying the hourly salaries of those knocking and the building fees of their office location) and their knocking serves to only remind you of that charity's existence.

or those people who knock on your door asking for money for charity when in fact that money goes to overhead (paying the hourly salaries of those knocking and the building fees of their office location) and their knocking serves to only remind you of that charity's existence.
seriously? Didn't know that. Hmmph. I don't answer these charity people anyway, even more so now.

Yeah, when I'm alone in my apartment I never answer the doors, telephone or other.

If someone knocks on the door, they probably don't need me.
If someone calls, they certainly don't need me.
That's why I never answer.

Yeah, when I'm alone in my apartment I never answer the doors, telephone or other.

If someone knocks on the door, they probably don't need me.
If someone calls, they certainly don't need me.
That's why I never answer.
Exactly. Me too. Lol

For me, it's just that I don't want to talk to people. I won't even answer the phone unless I know who it is, and if I know who it is, I think of a reason they would be calling me, and if I can't come up with one (most of the time), they can leave a message. If my wife isn't home, you're pretty much out of luck to get any kind of contact. And if you frighten or pester me, well:

tumblr_lvpcgzFEQQ1qcddlw.gif

I do have paranoia issues that I sometimes wonder about. After dusk, no blinds are allowed to be open, and doors and windows are locked. If my dog becomes suddenly alert, I grab a beating stick and listen for a few minutes, and then I search the house, watch out the windows stealthily, etc; same for unexplained noises. I check each and every thing I consume for signs of tampering or poison. The seals of water bottles get checked, food wrappers for signs of holes; any oddity. My friends and family know better than to give me anything that's been opened, because if they do it's, "You first." I accept nothing from strangers. People are not allowed to walk behind me, even family. Random unexpected pounding on my door just freaks me out.

I also will not take most medications. I believe there's hidden diseases and poisons in them. Rarely I agree to take something the doctor gives me after discussing it and researching it, but that only lasts for a very short period of time because I feel like I get crazy side effects all the time. Most recently was Zoloft. I took it for less than a week, felt it was poisoning me, so I stopped. I got really depressed again before Thanksgiving and took it 2 days before. Wednesday night and all day Thanksgiving Thursday I was ill so I stopped again because I can't rule the medicine out.

I do have paranoia issues that I sometimes wonder about. After dusk, no blinds are allowed to be open, and doors and windows are locked. If my dog becomes suddenly alert, I grab a beating stick and listen for a few minutes, and then I search the house, watch out the windows stealthily, etc; same for unexplained noises. I check each and every thing I consume for signs of tampering or poison. The seals of water bottles get checked, food wrappers for signs of holes; any oddity. My friends and family know better than to give me anything that's been opened, because if they do it's, "You first." I accept nothing from strangers. People are not allowed to walk behind me, even family. Random unexpected pounding on my door just freaks me out.

I'm paranoid as well, but it's not an issue.
I think you should try to work on your problems, but that's a matter of your own free will. I won't get into that, I know how Aspies love their rules.

About meds, we share the same opinion. I've been told numerous times that I MUST take meds for ADHD but I never use them. When I just got them, I started taking them like a maniac because of my addictive personality. It only makes you feel like **** in the end. Meds don't provide ANY help whatsoever.
Well, I admit that I take something to calm me down on special, rare occasions.

I've certainly given my share of strangers the glare when they knock on my door. Then when I find out they're not a peddler or serial killer, I help them along their merry way with driving directions or whatever got them lost.

Ah... and that's why reading can save a life, lol
As can good grammar. "Let's eat grandma" vs. "Let's eat, grandma". ;)

I used to try to be nice about it, but they all want to sell me something. And I'm not buying anything. Must continue hoarding money for when I get fired for sucking at talking to people.

So now I yell, "WHAT IS IT?" without opening the door. They tell me and then I yell, "NOPE, DON'T WANT IT." They leave with tail tucked. The first couple times I felt bad. Now I feel proud.

New Threads

Top Bottom