• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Political Blogger Seeking Readers

Autistic Liberal

Hi All,

I'm a high-functioning Asperger Syndrome sufferer and amateur author of a political blog, which I write from a neurodiverse perspective with a liberal, ethical focus. As a vulnerable member of the community (and due to the incendiary nature of politics as subject) I choose to remain anonymous for my own safety.

I joined in the hope of finding some new readers and was going to post my link in the politics section, but it occurs to me that this probably counts as advertising - which, under the forum rules, I need special permission for. Does anyone know how I go about getting this permission? Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm a high-functioning Asperger Syndrome sufferer and amateur author of a political blog, which I write from a neurodiverse perspective with a liberal, ethical focus. As a vulnerable member of the community (and due to the incendiary nature of politics as subject) I choose to remain anonymous for my own safety.

I joined in the hope of finding some new readers and was going to post my link in the politics section, but it occurs to me that this probably counts as advertising - which, under the forum rules, I need special permission for. Does anyone know how I go about getting this permission? Thanks in advance.
I would read your blog but my anxiety about politics keeps me from being able to. I neither read nor watch anything political since oh, about last November. Good luck with your writing!

IMG_0407.JPG
Welcome
Hi All,

As a fellow liberal (although I'm an NT) I would be interested to read your blog. Let us know how to access it when you can.

Hi All,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think you will like it here.

I am sorry to hear that you are a Asperger's Syndrome sufferer. I have also been diagnosed with AS, however I certainly do not suffer with it. In fact, I like having Asperger's and I can not imagine myself without it. I just wouldn't be me.

Hi & Welcome,
Would rather fall on Punji sticks smeared with Water Buffalo feces then talk politics, but I'm ok for most other subjects if you decide to branch out here. ;)

Please let me know if the links work for you. If not it would hardly be the first time my lack of tech know-how has tripped me up - I actually did an article on that a while back.

It's not the lack of your tech prowess here that upsets me,it is the political nature of your post that does.

If you feel the need to post this on this forum,I suggest you take it to the area where it is appropriate.

It's not the lack of your tech prowess here that upsets me,it is the political nature of your post that does.

If you feel the need to post this on this forum,I suggest you take it to the area where it is appropriate.

Sincere apologies for that. I have also posted in the politics section.

It was my original intention not to post the link here, but merely to seek permission to post in the politics section (which I wasn't sure was allowed under your advertising policy). Things then got a bit convoluted because 1) no staff replied to my request for clarification and 2) interest was expressed in this thread so posting here seemed a lot more sensible than sending people on an indirect route to a different thread, which would have amounted to merely a more inefficient "link" in any case. In hindsight, posting the original request in the politics section would have been better. Lesson learned.

New Threads

Top Bottom