• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pleased to meet you all....

I thought the only time people weren't sure if they were ok, is if they jumped out of a plane or found out their coupons were expired at the register. I feel that way when sitting in traffic.

I smiled at that a little.

I don't know..it's hard to describe how I am (usually because it's so complicated and I don't like talking about myself much), so "ok I guess" is my standard answer.

I think its hard for a lot of us, if I had to give myself a nickname, it would be "backspace", because I seem to have insecurities with my replies, constantly double checking, triple checking,.making sure not to offend anyone, before pressing the post button

Welcome Rachel.

When I am asked how I am doing I generally give an honest answer, unless I am at work, then I provide the pat response, "I am good, how are you?"

It's funny, people tend to ask a lot of questions expecting a certain answer. Today my chorus was performing backup at a big concert. An other member asked me, "So, are you excited?" I replied, "No, but I generally don't excite that easily." She said, "Oh...:confused: Well, we'll just have to get a fire underneath you then!":)
I then clarified that even though I wasn't excited I was still looking forward to the show.

Thank you. Yes, I have been told that if I at least said "haha" after a joking statement, it would help out others a lot. I'm still working on that.

upload_2017-5-25_8-5-27.png

hi and welcome to ac cathartes_aura.
i have a aspie sister with your name,except my parents spelt it as rachael for some oddly weird reason,not rachel.

hi and welcome to ac cathartes_aura.
i have a aspie sister with your name,except my parents spelt it as rachael for some oddly weird reason,not rachel.

It is great that your sister has a unique spelling of Rachael, in some places that spelling is used too...more so than mine.

New Threads

Top Bottom