• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please Help Guys

Thanks for your reply Flygirl. Perhaps it is that he sees you as unique and a bit intriguing. As opposites often attract, who is to say which opposite traits should be endearing. It would vary from person to person. Often that mystery or challenge can be sexy or attractive.

Hey Dadwith2autisticsons..miss your input.
Sorry Streetwise treated you with such disrespect...your words were so eloquent and profound..I, for one thourougly enjoyed them..and for the record..know only too well, that no NT Guy would ever use such profound vocabulary as you did..and I adored every word!.
Hope you are OK..Thank you to both you and Judge and Keigan..What a photo that was btw. .out of the Ballpark Sexy..! for taking time out of your busy schedule to even bother to assist me..and you both did.. Amanda xx
Ps...still need to understand polarized emotions and compartmentalising me..so when you get a moment to explain?..Apologies ...feel I am asking way too much..but so so need to try to understand and.. you are so in tune for once...I love it...Kind Regards..Ax
PPS...Believe me...any Women out there would be so totally thrilled with your words.. totally unique and soul touching..x

Ps...still need to understand polarized emotions and compartmentalising me..so when you get a moment to explain?..

Socialization in general seems natural and simple for Neurotypicals. For us it's anything but. And above all it is usually both taxing and stressful...just as is "masking". It takes a lot of our energy in the most literal sense. Attempting to appear Neurotypical to some degree just to get by without ridicule.

Even under the nicest circumstances we often need to "recover" from socialization. Even if it involves our most intimate relationships. That we need solitude to offset being around people. Which for some means compartmentalizing their social lives. To "ration" their emotions to preserve one's sanity. It may make little or no sense to most Neurotypicals, but many on the spectrum can all relate to what I'm saying more or less. It's just who and what we are. Sometimes it really does seem that we are from another planet. It's true. :eek:

Flygirl, no need to apologize to any member here. Anyone here is free to speak their mind, as long as no personal attacks or abuses occur. Some persons here are more blunt or briefer than others, but of course they run the risk then of being misunderstood or having that bluntness returned. You were very fine in your posts, so no worries. If anything, you are overly thoughtful. Likewise, I am usually that way, too, unless I start to get really bothered at something or someone.

I think what makes your situation with your neighbor difficult is you seem to have put forth many efforts and let your guard down, after he showed you that great interest and ability to have a great side and with several relationship capabilities, but then you mentioned he abruptly turned those feelings off, and suggesting he gave no good reasons. In a way, it is contradictory that he showed he cared much, but then shows distance or apathy. That confuses you, and rightly so.

Although there have been some similar thread scenarios in this forum, where the NT was getting or feeling very close to the one with ASD, but that person with ASD could upon feeling pressure, confusion or sense some critique quickly go away, or with them keep returning at their own best time, there are many others with ASD who could be the ones rejected, with the NT being the one who is causing that. Each case will be different, as each with ASD will differ, and each NT or other person with condition will differ too, as comorbidy occurs too.

The success would seem to depend on many things: how each handles stress, their relationship expectations, their communication abilities to the other, the philosophies and interests of each, and the other abilities, limitations and needs of each. And yes, empathy can play a key role. If either lacks it, more misunderstandings and problems could occur, if one is always giving, and the other more needing or taking. In your situation, I see both as giving efforts and having abilities, so I see some hope.

With regards to compartmentalization, I think anyone can compartmentalize, regardless if they are an Aspie or with ASD, or an NT or with other condition, and that is not always wrong. Let's say one comes from an abusive household with abusive parents. It could be instinct for many such persons to become emotionally detached to protect themselves from further harm by not trusting and withdrawing. That is a defense mechanism everyone has to bring some safety or comfort to their lives.

A problem though could occur if that person generalized that all parents were this way, or all men or women in society were that way, so they then acted this way to all persons. For Aspies or ASD persons, or those with other conditions and traumatic upbringing, we would have no way of knowing if any parenting caused them to emotionally detach, or genetics. From reading many posts in this forum, I just know ASDers can express certain emotions differently, or more, or less, or a switch can seem to be turned off at any moment, when emotional closeness needs to occur.

For your situation with your neighbor, my guess is he did all the many things he could for you to show he cared, as he sensed or knew he had limitations that you would eventually find out about. And so once he started showing less sexual diversity later on, either because he was losing interest in that or was wanting to show more of who he really was instead, maybe his mind told him to detach himself again for fear of being rejected again.

That is just my opinion based on the few posts from you in this thread I have seen, as there are other possibilities as well that could explain things. The only way to know is to try to talk to him more, if it is your and his desire, and both share your feelings more too. Of course any opinions here could change if new information comes available that would lead in another direction, as again each with ASD will be different. Some could be asexual, desiring sex often, or only under the right scenarios, etc.

Last edited:
Hello You..so pleased to hear from you..eloquant words as always..wow they open me up as a flower in full bloom..and searching the warmth of the sun..Glad you are OK..Thank You..x

Help me...I am a NT with the most amazing HFA neighbour whom I adore and cherish and falling more in love with every time I see him and spend quality time with.
He has Cassanova'me'd Role Played sexually and WOW how FAB was that.but now stop me like a stone sexually and expects me to just switch my feelings off...I can't...I know I was getting through like a heat seeking missile and thays why I get kicked to the curb. Why do you come at me like a freight train..and then drop me like a stone when I start to make progress.. aloof..uncaring..like none of it mattered...? Give me advice please..
He may have reached the end of his thoughts, or encountered his own emotions and not known how to deal with them.

What do you describe as "Cassanova'me'd Role Played"?

He may have reached the end of his thoughts, or encountered his own emotions and not known how to deal with them.

What do you describe as "Cassanova'me'd Role Played"?

I mean..the most amazing sexual experience of my entire life.. he was so attentive...sensual..so knowing and tumultuous.. a few times and then...reduce..hack..cut..trim into nothing..left me bereft..and said will never hapen again...huh??? WTF..so just assume to me ...a movie role play.. a script..never to be repeated...Noooo....please don't do this...not to a vibrant.sexual..all consuming.women...Really?...Help!! Says he has no libido and not bothered...!!!...Yet he obviously can...and Did An Act...??? Lordy Lordy..hope not..x

Sounds like this was some thing for both of you for a good duration of time. If that is the case then you can only ask him.

I mean..the most amazing sexual experience of my entire life.. he was so attentive...sensual..so knowing and tumultuous.. a few times and then...reduce..hack..cut..trim into nothing..left me bereft..and said will never hapen again...huh??? WTF..so just assume to me ...a movie role play.. a script..never to be repeated...Noooo....please don't do this...not to a vibrant.sexual..all consuming.women...Really?...Help!! Says he has no libido and not bothered...!!!...Yet he obviously can...and Did An Act...??? Lordy Lordy..hope not..x

I am just curious how you would like to proceed with your neighbor based on everything you know so far from your experiences with him and his actions or lack of recently, and based on our opinions in this forum, and how you feel? Are you hoping for a shorter term relationship with him, longer term, or are you starting to back away from some warning signs? Or do you just need to learn more first? There would be many single guys interested in you, so besides that initial sex you had with him, is his uniqueness, mysteriousness or honesty what is most attractive? Or is it some need he has or challenge that attracts you, or is it something else? Does this neighbor talk about your great traits to you? Or does he show feelings more by actions?

Last edited:
Oh...once again your words touch my soul..
I am in a spin right now..he promised me nothing..offered me nothing..but pursued me with a vengeance and then backed off..
Engaged.... Attacked....Retreated ..and left me bleeding on the battlefield.
Yes you know you are all so so different from the regular NT guys that I can read like a book...predict each and every move..flash my eyes...look demure..caress their neck..and then sit back and enjoy..
This Hard Nut to crack..will so easily just rejects me..shut me out..totally wig out on me and then act like nothing occurred..
My emotions are, right now..a Rollercoaster.. of desire..then derision..then desire again..
I know this is going nowhere as ..No Women is EVER..EVER..going to match up to his ex wife..but that was 22 years ago...an old distant comparison of what you thought was perfect...Wake Up..she is NOT ever coming back.. and ran away from you for a reason..
I have done nothing than show him my true ilk.. I care..reliant..generous..loving..
He is broken.. I have the glue..allow yourself to give another the chance..
Yeah ...he is different .intriguing. piques my interest.. uses language like I have never encountered before..(you know you are all sooo good on that front..(you have done it yourself) so entices me.
Yet shuts me down..everytime..and the hurt is visceral..
Yeah I know...pissing in the wind.. Right..
Anyway..just so YOU know..I have loved both yours and Judges and others replies and appreciate your insight. Thank you..
Us Nt's need to converse this way to truly understand..as some of us really need to..
Your personal attention has warmed my inner self and it would appear..some of you do display empathy and it is greatly appreciated.
Hope you are doing OK your end and you sound a lovely guy..sorry someone did a number on you.. I apologise for my own kind..
Amanda x

He says I am the most generous person he knows..he will popI into my house and mow my lawn..water my plants..open my windows when I am away.. and do DIY jobs for me when I am away flying..which I love btw..x

To Dadwith2Autisticsons
just realised I was using my real name so open to trolling...easy coz of my Show dogs to find me on FB..oops...!!!!
Now Flygirl...dont leave me alone..! I Love..Love your input..
Me x

You know what guys...I am getting exhausted from a one way street..
When an NT comes into your life..its for real..please realise that life with another NT person..so easy in comparison..predictable....self endorsing..sexual and predictive..you guys however are the more intriguing..language like we have never experienced.. a depth that touches our very inner self and piques our Interst to the point where we will bear our soul ...attack it if you so wish..with an avengence so be it..yet still we stay true ...because we know you need to see that someone will adore and love you until the end if time. Walk over coals..fight your corner forever because you are worth it...open.up.that right side of your brain and see.. join us..please to see we are worth the fight and will reward 100 fold..Always..xxx

To Dadwith2Autisticsons
just realised I was using my real name so open to trolling...easy coz of my Show dogs to find me on FB..oops...!!!!
Now Flygirl...dont leave me alone..! I Love..Love your input..
Me x

Flygirl, I understand. No problem. I enjoy your posts. I will get to some of your messages and others in a bit, that I did not see until now. Sometimes they do not show up in my alerts, or there is a delay...

Oh...once again your words touch my soul..
I am in a spin right now..he promised me nothing..offered me nothing..but pursued me with a vengeance and then backed off..
Engaged.... Attacked....Retreated ..and left me bleeding on the battlefield.
Yes you know you are all so so different from the regular NT guys that I can read like a book...predict each and every move..flash my eyes...look demure..caress their neck..and then sit back and enjoy..
This Hard Nut to crack..will so easily just rejects me..shut me out..totally wig out on me and then act like nothing occurred..
My emotions are, right now..a Rollercoaster.. of desire..then derision..then desire again..
I know this is going nowhere as ..No Women is EVER..EVER..going to match up to his ex wife..but that was 22 years ago...an old distant comparison of what you thought was perfect...Wake Up..she is NOT ever coming back.. and ran away from you for a reason..
I have done nothing than show him my true ilk.. I care..reliant..generous..loving..
He is broken.. I have the glue..allow yourself to give another the chance..
Yeah ...he is different .intriguing. piques my interest.. uses language like I have never encountered before..(you know you are all sooo good on that front..(you have done it yourself) so entices me.
Yet shuts me down..everytime..and the hurt is visceral..
Yeah I know...pissing in the wind.. Right..
Anyway..just so YOU know..I have loved both yours and Judges and others replies and appreciate your insight. Thank you..
Us Nt's need to converse this way to truly understand..as some of us really need to..
Your personal attention has warmed my inner self and it would appear..some of you do display empathy and it is greatly appreciated.
Hope you are doing OK your end and you sound a lovely guy..sorry someone did a number on you.. I apologise for my own kind..
Amanda x

Really, I feel for you, as one of the main things that upset me growing up was feelings of rejection as well. If anything, I am the type who can even feel guilt if I do not reply to an email or post directed to me within a day. And I usually gravitate to replying to the threads where persons have the biggest need, so as to support or give any requested opinion. In my case, I feel empathy is one of my strongest traits, and I feel I show it through my actions and words, too.

What I find unfortunate with the situation with your neighbor though is I feel you appreciate and love much his uniqueness and special traits, regardless of his condition, and want to love him more, but I sense you feel not important enough for him, as at times you feel he is rejecting you, or he shows distance towards you. I am sorry you felt attacked and hurt by his actions. I am not sure if you literally meant that or figuratively. If you meant the former, and it was a physical attack against you, you know what my answer would be.

Although I have been here less than four months, I have seen so many wonderful persons here, whether diagnosed Aspies, those with Autism or ASD, NTs, and persons with other conditions. I try not to generalize, but admittedly I see it is difficult for many NTs and Aspies to succeed together, with regards to having a long lasting relationship. There are a few successful such relationships, and couples that really are trying and can make it work, but many others where maybe it was best to be at most friends than anything more.

Whatever you decide, just remember not every Aspie or one with ASD is the same. Whereas some may temporary need a break or just need more time to be ready, and want to change and will learn or grow and give equal efforts, there will be others whereby what you see is what you will mostly get, and so if it is not a fit, then it is ok to move on. Sometimes more time is needed to determine that. Sometimes it can be difficult to know whether to follow your head and heart. You will know best when the time is to move on, or to keep that hope alive.

You have really a great expressive and caring side about you. If your neighbor cannot give you what you feel you need, there will be another that would easily show that consistent appreciation and love back, without making you feel rejected, should you be ready for that one day.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom