• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please, don't give up on life!

Oz67

Even though I sometimes get depressed to the point of suicidal ideations, I will never give up on life. If I committed suicide, my friends, family, teachers, doctors, school psychologist and psychiatrist will wonder why I did that, if it is their fault why I committed suicide.

Every time I fantasize about killing myself, I always think about my friends and tell myself that I am not going to give up, because if I did, nearest and dearest will suffer prolonged grief and blame themselves, because I committed suicide.

Every time I feel suicidal, I keep my reality in check and I stay away from any objects that can be used as a weapon on myself.

One thing that helps with my depression, is when I ask for help, not hide my emotions anymore to the point of rage. Please, don't be afraid to ask for help and never give up on life!

Excellent way to approach this. Sometimes we hit lows. Bipolar and other types do hit this including us. I thought about it more as a young person. But as a older person, l really don't. I think l now understand no matter how bad l have it, there is someone worse off then me and they are still moving forward.

Your parents seem so caring and do a great job with you, and your psychiatrist also has been there for you too. If you are on antidepressants, sometimes younger people can feel suicidal and you should notify your psychiatrist immediately if that is happening.

And perhaps keep a journal, then when sad, you can write down all the things that you do that make you happy. Like your favorite pastime, pizza maybe you had yesterday, talking to your favorite relative, playing sports. I roller skated alot as a teen and loved it. I also played tennis on the backboard by myself and that made me feel like an adult. And riding bikes was so important to me growing up. Try to get active as this really helps our type, keeps us out of mind farts. Lol

Excellent way to approach this. Sometimes we hit lows. Bipolar and other types do hit this including us. I thought about it more as a young person. But as a older person, l really don't. I think l now understand no matter how bad l have it, there is someone worse off then me and they are still moving forward.

Your parents seem so caring and do a great job with you, and your psychiatrist also has been there for you too. If you are on antidepressants, sometimes younger people can feel suicidal and you should notify your psychiatrist immediately if that is happening.

And perhaps keep a journal, then when sad, you can write down all the things that you do that make you happy. Like your favorite pastime, pizza maybe you had yesterday, talking to your favorite relative, playing sports. I roller skated alot as a teen and loved it. I also played tennis on the backboard by myself and that made me feel like an adult. And riding bikes was so important to me growing up. Try to get active as this really helps our type, keeps us out of mind farts. Lol

Thank you! Thank you so much!!

C8BE4FB1-68F8-44A8-8F96-D5BE39E24853.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom