• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please advise: what activities / hobbies for my 8-year old son with Aspergers?

What are his intrests? If he's not into sports than don't force him. Also don't keep him from his intrests either. Find something that he wants to do and he'll embrace it. Force something and he'll resist it.

mainly because its more mental plus it builds up his hand and eye coordination I've been playing video games since an early age it takes practice don't expect him to be good at it at first.
What would recommend as the best (& hopefully non-violent, or at least not Vice City or whatever type violence) game for a beginner? One where the person can develop eye hand coordination & also possibly interact with other NICE (??) players on-line.

Or does my wish list of restrictions make the Q a non-starter? :D Thank you!

What would recommend as the best (& hopefully non-violent, or at least not Vice City or whatever type violence) game for a beginner? One where the person can develop eye hand coordination & also possibly interact with other NICE (??) players on-line.

Or does my wish list of restrictions make the Q a non-starter? :D Thank you!
racing games are the best or there's always MINECRAFT.

racing games are the best or there's always MINECRAFT.
Thank you! Do you like playing with a Wii? There are games along with the sporting & fit packages. Do you know if kids on the spectrum tend to like or not like the Wii? Thanks Musclecarman! :dolphin: :)

Thank you! Do you like playing with a Wii? There are games along with the sporting & fit packages. Do you know if kids on the spectrum tend to like or not like the Wii? Thanks Musclecarman! :dolphin: :)
we have a Wii somewhere never gets used now. its more a toy for when you have a few people to play it. the Kinect for xbox is similar you would be surprised not much people use it except for the voice feature.

I definitely agree that martial arts would be an excellent choice. At my son's dojang, they always work with him on eye contact as well.

Gaming is great, but is not a good outlet for pent-up energy. Maybe he could try rugby? He can scream, kick, tackle, or otherwise do his best to clobber people. Not much coordination required, as is the case with martial arts.

New Threads

Top Bottom