• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pick the Aspie, Star Trek TNG Edition!

Data doesn't count, unfortunately. I was thinking of Wesley Crusher. Anyone else have a 1701-D crew member in mind?

Wesley was really smart, of course, but he didn't really have trouble talking with other people or expressing himself verbally or understanding what other people were saying verbally/nonverbally. He also didn't have sensory issues or repetitive patterns of behavior. He was more of a geek than an aspie.

He seemed hesitant and overwhelmed at first, so that was my basis for selecting him. I'm quite the talker, though I'm repetitive. Whoever said Reginald Barkley is probably close.

It's not about how much he talked, but the fact that his talking was fluid and effective. He understood other people's perspectives and could communicate his thoughts clearly and efficiently. He didn't have to work hard to communicate well.

Whoever chose Reg wins.. A BRAND NEW STARSHIP!!! Sovereign-clas with all the upgrades, leather Captain's chair, type XII phasers, and a full inventory of Quantum Torpedoes!

New Threads

Top Bottom