• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PHP questions.

Better yet, StackOverflow and Tuts+.

Daniela, what are you using to write the code? If you're just using Notepad, I highly recommend at least going to Notepad++ or, better yet, something like Netbeans. At the very least, Notepad++ has syntax highlighting capabilities (so you know you typed something wrong if it doesn't color it properly), and Netbeans (an IDE) will provide you with indication and descriptions of syntax errors, as well as having the potential to provide code completion, which can make it easier to get the syntax right in the first place.

Notepad++ was the only thing able to shake me from being a diehard Notepad user. It's so colorful! And that "replace all" function is awesome. If it has other functions, I don't know. That's the only part of it I use.

Another good option to check out: Sublime Text. There is a free trial that doesn't expire. Tuts+ has a free course on how to setup Sublime Text.

I love Sublime Text and use it daily. I didn't include it, because it falls between the two ends that I pointed out, and I think it's a little beyond where the original poster is at currently, as it takes some setting up and installing of extensions to get the code help that s/he currently needs (where Netbeans has that by default). It's definitely a great choice for someone a little more familiar with the programming language in question, or even as an everyday text editor (I also use it for markdown documents and writing blog posts and whatnot).

I love Sublime Text and use it daily. I didn't include it, because it falls between the two ends that I pointed out, and I think it's a little beyond where the original poster is at currently, as it takes some setting up and installing of extensions to get the code help that s/he currently needs (where Netbeans has that by default).

I guess it does take a little bit of setup to get code completion. I only used Sublime Text for a few months and not for PHP, so I don't know what plugins it would need. Maybe this guide would help.

I haven't tried Netbeans, but it does look interesting.

I guess it does take a little bit of setup to get code completion. I only used Sublime Text for a few months and not for PHP, so I don't know what plugins it would need. Maybe this guide would help.

I haven't tried Netbeans, but it does look interesting.
I use RapidPHP. I love the IDE as it is the very few that exists that haves lots of features that takes up very little foot print and resources.

Think the easiest way to practice, is to find a cheap Linux/PHP and MySQL hosting, with FTP and phpMyAdmin access. Have tried with xamp and wamp earlier. Found both to be a pain in the butt, and would prefer to install linux with php and mysql before that. If your unfamiliar with Linux, i would recommend a cheap host.

If your a little familiar with Linux, i would recommend using Vmware or VirtualBox, and install a Linux os with apache, php and mysql. Usually easy to do so with Ubuntu and Debian.

use Print for Python hun, not PHP, Echo is more efficient. while Print will attempt to execute instead of printing :)

Take it from a programmer.

New Threads

Top Bottom