• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

A pet peeve of mine is only remembering examples to share in threads like these when I'm away, but I never remember specific ones when I can actually contribute.

Lots. Now, where do I start?

Shops that automatically give me purchased items in a plastic bag.
People who use acronyms without considering whether people reading will understand them or not, or the fact that on an international forum people won't understand acronyms specifically related to your culture. Write them out - it only takes a couple of seconds! :)
People smoking in public spaces. If you want to inhale toxic carcinogenic fumes, that's your business, but don't force it on me.
People writing CD's instead of CDs.
People poking me to get my attention.
People whistling - a definite non-no.
Random strangers who have no business telling me what to do.

You're not going to show us yours first? :)

Being interrupted when I'm trying to focus on a project.
I really don’t like when people make slurping sounds when eating their meals. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. I also don’t like to be late to appointments or meetings.

Probably that l have to many pet peeves, that l need to ration them out so as not to overwhelm myself.

My newest pet peeves, my neighbors need to move, and now that l know the lady in the house two doors down to the right of me has slept with the guy in the house next to me, she is a sloppy pet peeve who is calling that neighbor guy a whore. C'mon don't sleep with your neighbor is another new pet peeve.

Somebody stole my eyebrows or they are changing due to age and now l am going to have fifty cats and only wear leopard running suits, and my medicine cabinet will encompass the bathroom with old people products, so get older is another pet peeve.

Last edited:
When people don’t put any effort into training their dogs, and then the dogs are poorly behaved and the people look stupid.
But if people all trained their dogs better, I might not have a job lol

When people don’t put any effort into training their dogs, and then the dogs are poorly behaved and the people look stupid.
But if people all trained their dogs better, I might not have a job lol
Hahaha… PET peeve!
Literally.

I have a literal pet peeve, too. People who let their untrained dogs with no recall off their leash in public spaces.

For mine, it's often related to things I need to do but dont want to.

One that occurs to me is having to clip my nails. I hate doing that. Hate it. Haaaaaaaaate it. It's a big sensory UGH. Just plain feels bad. As a result, they're usually kinda long.

Shaving also sucks, I hate that too. For reasons that should be pretty obvious by now, I'll REALLY obsess over it every bloody day as I wont allow any of that to remain.

Uh, other stuff, hmm...

Uh... oh, one related to my lovely dog, what a good boy, just the best, WONT FREAKING COME IN WHEN CALLED and the backyard is so big you could fit another house in there complete with its own yard. Cant exactly go out there and grab him. Even when it's like, negative billion degrees outside, he does this, aaaaaagh.

Tired of joint pain. Have had it since I was like, 20 or so.

FREAKING WINDOWS

Running out of soap.

Shower running out of hot water while I'm in it. Happens frequently, and I need to be careful about how much water is used in any case, this house isnt connected to the city water supply.

The power going out. That also happens a lot. I keep a lantern nearby all the time for those moments.

Cold things.

FREAKING WINDOWS AGAIN

The fact that everyone is always glued to their stupid phone. Often, I'll get complaints that I dont check MINE enough (I barely touch the thing). Nobody seems to comprehend the idea that I just dont use the stupid thing.

Allergies.

Did I mention Windows? Worst thing to happen to computers, bah.

Bushy catapiller eyebrows that are in vogue, because the lady will have them except l keep staring at her eyebrows, just waiting for them to scat off her forehead. I mean l stare at eyebrows if l don't look at your eyes, so those brows look like they are just hibernating until 5:00 pm then they will be looking for dinner.

I did think of a really big one (which I guess might qualify it into the "peeve" category). I'm very laid back, so I don't get peeved by much in my daily life. If anything, other people are peeved by my laid back attitude. When it comes to online interactions however, I often get frustrated by flawed communication between people (as mentioned here).

I especially can't stand it when people who have a very common or popular opinion pretend they are somehow in the minority or are coming up with some truly unique idea. Phrases like "am I the only one who thinks..." or "I know I'll probably get hated on, but..." followed by a common or bog standard opinion ("Marvel movies are really shallow", "politicians are corrupt", "It should be called 'unsocial media', LOL") are really aggravating. It's not so much the opinions themselves which annoy me (though I do find them boring), but rather the persecution complex inherent in acting like the majority of the people sharing your space don't agree with you.

Relatedly, I'm really tired of people using "underrated" to describe something very successful and popular. By all means, talk it up and share your passions, but don't pretend it's some sort of hidden gem, only known by a handful of enthusiasts when the property has its own product line.

Bushy catapiller eyebrows that are in vogue, because the lady will have them except l keep staring at her eyebrows, just waiting for them to scat off her forehead. I mean l stare at eyebrows if l don't look at your eyes, so those brows look like they are just hibernating until 5:00 pm then they will be looking for dinner.
you mean the bean eye brows??
A0846436-5A3A-4815-8033-154488513040.jpeg

These look like catapillers

Attachments

• 8fec2135b22e7d71ac8129652cf64b17.jpg
    8fec2135b22e7d71ac8129652cf64b17.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Anyone have pet peeves they would like to share? We might all have something in common.
People asking a question and not caring about the answer.

People asking a question, not listening to the answer and asking follow-up questions that you already answered the first time.

People stopping talking to you but not saying they will do that, just disappearing.

People being declarative on a subject when they are instead talking about their personal experience.

People saying the would like to know more, you tell them and they ignore your answer. Why did they ask?

I have very dark bushy eyebrows :coldsweat: But not on purpose…

People asking a question and not caring about the answer.

People asking a question, not listening to the answer and asking follow-up questions that you already answered the first time.

People stopping talking to you but not saying they will do that, just disappearing.

People being declarative on a subject when they are instead talking about their personal experience.

People saying the would like to know more, you tell them and they ignore your answer. Why did they ask?
Omg, my mom does all of these things and that’s part of why I find her insufferable.

These look like catapillers
She’s not bad looking… I just think she’s using too much brow makeup and possibly lip filler.

On a related subject, one of my pet peeves is that the people at the salon won’t make my eyebrows thinner because it “isn’t fashionable.”
You really think I want to look like Bert and Ernie? There is a reason I shaved off my eyebrows when I was a kid.

She’s not bad looking… I just think she’s using too much brow makeup and possibly lip filler.

On a related subject, one of my pet peeves is that the people at the salon won’t make my eyebrows thinner because it “isn’t fashionable.”
You really think I want to look like Bert and Ernie? There is a reason I shaved off my eyebrows when I was a kid.
I didn’t know busy caterpillar eyebrows are a thing. They look insufferable to have. I like to have thin eyebrows as well they look better on my face. I also like to have a shape to mine as well. I feel like it would be hard to have a shape with busy caterpillar eyebrows.

I didn’t know busy caterpillar eyebrows are a thing. They look insufferable to have.
My eyebrows aren't very bushy but each one grows about 3 really long curly hairs that always end up poking me in the eye before I rip them out.

New Threads

Top Bottom