• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pet peeves

Geordie

Geordie
What's your pet peeve in relationships?

What you dislike the most in relationships with your significant other?

This might be difficult to describe, but I really get uncomfortable with a lot of P.D.A. / public romance, etc.

I like it if it's subtle, or sneaked in so to speak...but it doesn't take much for it to completely push me away. I think there's a certain level that makes me feel like it's not for me or the person anymore, that it's for whoever happens to be watching. I guess I don't like anything that I feel like is being done for image or reputation. Maybe it screws with my head a bit, but it almost makes me feel forcibly included and used in someone else's fakery and attention-pulling. And I find it immature in a serious way, not a cute way.

I'm not sure if that made any sense. But my reactions to it has gotten me in some arguments in the past.
Because I do like some, but it's difficult to describe a sort of subjective level, and perhaps because I am on the shy side I'm a bit more particular with it.

yea, I can't stand PDA either. Any form of physical relationship should be respected in privacy.

My pet peeve is when a girlfriend of mine flirts for attention from other guys. I don't tolerate it at all so I've dumped 3 girls because of it nearly instantly. A lot of girls do it and its harmless. It's an ego-boosting thing, but I'm not someone who tolerates any form of cheating.

New Threads

Top Bottom