• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE. (Deep Thoughts From Grumpy Cat)

If you consider the premise that the Timeline branches with every possible decision at every moment then the concept of free will Vs fixed future becomes moot.. given that either all moments exist simultaneously, or that we could move freely in 4 dimensions, we could essentially have free will while experiencing any possible future, so while we'd still know the futures, perceptually the choice of future, from an infinite number, would be ours.. just a thought :)

I think you need to factor in the combinatorial for each life that a cat has and declare an assumption for the number of lives actually remaining while in simultaneous dimensions. As a One-Life-to-Live Theorist, I believe this is subtractive in nature, so in the mundane Earth, there are eight other lives left to live in other dimensions. This has been proven in innumerable, but not necessarily infinite, soap opera dialogues.

In such a reality, there would be an infinite number of universes, but it would be a countably infinite number. That is, there would be a one to one between the set of universes and the discrete set of timeline branches...How much water I used to make my coffee this morning, for example, was a choice involving a continuously random variable. There was an uncountably infinite number of possibilities. That chice alone would create more "new universes" than all of the discrete options in the entire history of all of the universes...How long did you lie in bed between waking and getting up?

Put another way, not all infinities are equal.

That's a fact. Infinity at 3AM following a Mobius strip of thought is definitely longer than the infinity experienced sitting in a plane with a ear-splittingly-screaming infant, although not much longer than the same screaming infant accompanied by a bored toddler kicking the back of the seat until I turn around.

And my coffee's cold. I'm going to dare a fresh infinity regarding the addition of vanilla to the grounds and the utility of fresh water and grounds and hope I get some caffeine before I become multitudes.

I was listening up until the time they mentioned The Big Bang. What this tells me is they really have no idea of why time flows in one direction. I've always wanted to take a physics class but if their reasoning of why things happen are because of stuff like the Big Bang, I'd get turned off pretty quick. Some things we are not meant to understand.

If you don't like the Big Bang, there are some alternative ideas over here: Alternatives to the Big Bang Theory Explained (Infographic)

Humans are never going to figure out everything, but there are still many interesting things to discover, especially in regards to time. When you are walking towards someone, time is flowing at a different rate for each of you. If you walk up stairs to a higher elevation, time will flow more quickly. The video above gets into some mind-warping examples involving an alien on a bicycle.

If you don't like the Big Bang, there are some alternative ideas over here: Alternatives to the Big Bang Theory Explained (Infographic)

Humans are never going to figure out everything, but there are still many interesting things to discover, especially in regards to time. When you are walking towards someone, time is flowing at a different rate for each of you. If you walk up stairs to a higher elevation, time will flow more quickly. The video above gets into some mind-warping examples involving an alien on a bicycle.

Have you taken a physics class, Mr. 113? And those videos on your post, can you understand them and believe that they could be true? (I haven't watched them yet, but I mainly want to watch possibilities that could be true and not something that's possibly from the Twilight Zone).

I haven't taken physics in school, but I've read books and watched videos. It's one of the reasons why I'm interested in getting the 2-year math degree that I mentioned yesterday in the other thread. I want to understand the calculations behind the ideas. :)

Brian Greene has an excellent book on the same topic that goes into the concepts in more detail. Experiments so far suggest that we really do live in a bizarre reality. It gets stranger in quantum mechanics.

The bizarre nature of time is even built into devices like GPS satellites, because time flows at different rates up there. See this experiment: Hafele–Keating experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The bizarre nature of time is even built into devices like GPS satellites, because time flows at different rates up there.

That's how it appears to an observer down here. For the sattelite, time flows at the normal rate. There's just a more of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom