• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pacing

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
Eating whilst pacing anyone?

Noticed I've been doing this the past few days. Maybe it's to do with working from home and spending less time eating.

I go downstairs, make my food, then pace up and down the kitchen/diner with the bowl or plate in my hand whilst I eat.

Ed

Nooooooooooo...not with MY metabolism! I'm a stimming pacer, but eating while pacing would just pump that much more acid into my stomach.

Good digestion for me requires a more sedate setting.

Enjoy your youth. This is where age may catch up with you. I still recall my first bout with reflux at age 40.

That is too multitasking for me. But then you do things with fire and you are active at the same time. So this obviously second nature to you.

You probably could direct traffic and spray paint graffiti on walls at the same time. Lol

Sometimes I pace while snacking. Not while, say, eating fried eggs.
I notice :oops: I skip untensils and eat with my fingers when I am stressed out.

Always pace if having to make a phone call.

That is too multitasking for me. But then you do things with fire and you are active at the same time. So this obviously second nature to you.

You probably could direct traffic and spray paint graffiti on walls at the same time. Lol

I can hop on one foot while simultaneously rub circles on my tummy and pat my head all the while turning in a different direction than I am rubbing my tummy. Still, I can't chew and walk without drooling and the thought of dfopping crumbs everywhere makes me feel stressed out.

I do it all the time. I read it's good for your digestion to walk after eating so I figure why not walk/pace while I'm eating.

New Threads

Top Bottom