• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Overwhelmed

CassLovesBears

Alekzandra
Im writing this after just getting done with a very anxious experience. I was a witness at court and was going to have to speak on a stand. I ended up not having to speak but I was sitting in anxiety for approximately 5 hours waiting. I was terrified trying to think out my responses if they asked me certain questions. I feel exhausted/drained beyond all belief. I want to curl into a ball and cry for an hour. I hate feelings lol. I know no one cares but I needed to write this all out to make me feel a little better/distract myself. I don't know how to calm myself down really besides a dark quiet room with fuzzy comfort items and video games :'( I'm on my way home going to cry. If for whatever reason you read this I want to thank you...I know problems usually just burden or bore others.

I was on a jury once. The court environment is stressful. I think being a witness (or preparing to be) harder then being on the jury where you can mostly just observe.

This is a totally okay thing to feel! Don't feel bad for posting it, You did really well in even going :) Just think it's all over now, Enjoy those games to relax and calm yourself

Find that really strenuous activity for a while after something like that helps. Then I take a bath and read or nap. I would have been a mess too Cass, after that. But probably more angry/frustrated/annoyed at the loss of my time than anything else.

Going to court or being in a deposition even as just a witness can be incredibly stressful. Where it's more than likely the opposing counsel will attempt to deliberately impugn your testimony in some way. Being a juror can be equally difficult, faced with having to make some serious decisions about someone's life.

Over the years I've had to do all these things a number of times, mostly connected with my job in insurance. Where either someone is suing us or we are suing them. As a juror I've participated in two cases involving felony hit-and-run and attempted murder. Deadly serious and stressful things to deal with for sure.

Never been in that situation before but I can see how it could be a stressful thing for anyone. I hope you're feeling better now.

You had a very stressful situation. You have every right to feel exhausted and anxious. Anxiety leaves me feeling ill-at-ease for hours. Do all the comfort activities you need. Take care of yourself. A new day is coming.

I'd have been a wreck! It's good to cry and go do the things you know will help soothe after something like that.

Oh my - yes, that would have been a nightmarish situation! I get worked up if I have to go to the courthouse for just paperwork stuff, or going to the DMV. I'm glad you decided to share it and I hope it helped a little bit to know you are not alone. You deserve a good cry and I would have done the exact same thing.

I think some people actually like that kind of stuff, they like the adrenalin. I don't. I've been procrastinating going to Autozone to see if they can add Freon to my car a/c. Was going to go yesterday, but had to go to Walmart first and by the time I finished in Walmart had to come back home.

Oh my - yes, that would have been a nightmarish situation! I get worked up if I have to go to the courthouse for just paperwork stuff, or going to the DMV. I'm glad you decided to share it and I hope it helped a little bit to know you are not alone. You deserve a good cry and I would have done the exact same thing.

I think some people actually like that kind of stuff, they like the adrenalin. I don't. I've been procrastinating going to Autozone to see if they can add Freon to my car a/c. Was going to go yesterday, but had to go to Walmart first and by the time I finished in Walmart had to come back home.

Tell us if you do!!! I wanna know if they can add freon!

Tell us if you do!!! I wanna know if they can add freon!
I stopped today - they don't do it due to liabilities, but I picked up a thing of Freon - he said it was easy to do. My grandson said he would do it for me. But I did look at a you tube video and it doesn't look hard. :)

Oh - one of my grandsons was bored today and washed my car - it looks great!

Just a thought....goes an autism diagnosis mean you dont have to do jury duty??

It wasn't jury duty and I'm not officially diagnosed yet. I was a witness to a "crime". The person was innocent so I was suppose to tell them what I saw. The case instantly got dismissed because they said it was pointless and no one did anything wrong.

New Threads

Top Bottom