• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Over reading Criticism

Alan tm

Criticism
Or faults.
When I get emails I that i see as complaints I see it as really really bad .
They might in the end be making a passing comment but I think it's a disastrous thing . I read into it a maximum.
This person isn't happy . Not happy at all.
It's quite crippling .
It's really bad by email because I dont have a flow of information.

It sounds like you're saying that because
the email remains static, you focus on any
aspect that seems negative and you'd
prefer to have a fluid conversation because
then there would be additional information
and you wouldn't feel so threatened.

Yes, I'm the same, and I think it's really common among with those with ASD. We generally don't take criticism very well, even when it's made with the best intent.

One additional problem I have is that if I respond by asking questions to try to figure out how I can improve, I often come off as argumentative.

Last edited:
Yes, you are over reading, or perhaps more to the point over reacting to criticisim. Now some criticisim is just people being snarky or rude and to be ignorred entirely. If it is constructive, from someone trying to be helpful, take it that way and consider if you can learn something useful from it. We never stop learning.

Think about the criticism and decide: is it fair? If so, see what you can learn from it, or how you can improve. If not, then ignore it.

It's comments on a project I've spent about a year on,
So I've looked at it a lot . It's also that finding changes to it are almost impossible or I would have done it already..

Criticism
Or faults.
When I get emails I that i see as complaints I see it as really really bad .
They might in the end be making a passing comment but I think it's a disastrous thing . I read into it a maximum.
This person isn't happy . Not happy at all.
It's quite crippling .
It's really bad by email because I dont have a flow of information.

I’m like you...

I try very hard in everything i do... if you want to crush me start ripping all my hard work apart...

Sadly in my occupation people are very arrogant and rude and it seems they get off on crushing other people... but they seem to never consider how people like me see thier corrruption...

I have got to a place in life where I am very grateful that I NEVER treat people like that and if i do i hope someone punches me in the face... : )

New Threads

Top Bottom