• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online bullying

SPINDLESHANKS

Anyone here been there, i expect you have, i'm a fan of a certain UK singer, actually in the fan club and a certain lady who shall remain nameless has been dogging my posts with extremely negative replies , she does it on the club's facebook page too, like most people with Asperger's , socially i don't always get it right, alot of the time i do but very often i don't and like most people with Asperger's i am acutely aware of this fact, suffice it to say someone constantly popping up and pointing it out tends to make it worse, the lady in question also has disabilites , different to mine i hasten to add..

Online bullying in my opinion is very easy to avoid with a bit of self control. All you have to do is not respond. With a face to face bully that isn't really possible. I mean you could refuse to respond but that could actually increase the problem at hand. I've always despised bullies despite never having had a problem with them, and actually most often, in the old days in school and such, if noticed by myself, they would immediately have a problem with myself. Again, I'll say, online bullying is only words obviously, and very easy to solve, don't respond. I can't help but despise them as well though.

The bully wants a reaction from you. Then she will know that her bullying was successful and she will do it again. Just ignore her - being ignored is extremely frustrating to a bully. The worst she can do is type words, so sit back and watch her looking like an idiot.

With online bullying, not only do you have the option to not respond, you also have the option to block people.

I personally think that online blocking is a terrible option in case of those situations, where there is a possibility for you two comment in same thread and therefore not seeing each others' posts which might lead you to make repetitive statements. Ok, people might end up making such posts either way, and it's not particularly your problem what others might thing of your posts, but I'd also encourage to contact a moderator. In most online communities there are some kind of rules which could be discussed with authority figures if necessary when other means won't be enough.

We are all different and do different things, but we all have one thing in common. We all do things for a reason. If her objective is to be noticed and is not being met by you, then she will stop or move on to get one somewhere else. You have to pity this person, what a terrible life it must be to look to attack others for some kind of sick satisfaction. They must really be suffering. I thought I had it bad, but all I have is Aspergers.

New Threads

Top Bottom