• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

OMG I hate my neighbors

JDartistic

okay. I know u r going to make fun of me again - & that's okay.

I HATE PEOPLE!

I just watched my neighbor fire off fire works to scare off the deer!

Why is that okay?

So I responded w a wall mural & my goal is to paint a beautiful deer on my building!

It takes time & effort to do a mural! They came by & ridiculed me!!

I HATE PEOPLE!

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.
I may not have good advice but just wanted to let you know someone read your post and is listening.

I actually prefer living in the middle of the city than in the country because of the type of stupid people you are dealing with. Sorry you are having to live next to people like that, I couldn't handle it.

At my old place I used to have live around redneck trash and some other savages as well. Been there, done that. I like the idea of painting the deer mural on the wall.

Are your dirt bag neighbors into drugs as mine were? I'll explicitly state that I am NOT encouraging any illegal activity. But could you imagine if one of them magically found a bag of white powder they thought was a choice drug on their lawn or perhaps in their unlocked vehicle, but later find out the hard way it is something MUCH more harmful? The bottom dwellers I lived around would have tried to snort or smoke that without a second thought. Gee whiz wouldn't that be just terrible? :mask:

JDartistic, what is that second picture you posted beside the deer? It looks kind of creepy.

Once I was out at a ranch party and I came across a stray kitten. It seemed friendly, so I approached and started playing with it. Then some idiot scoffs at me and tells me how he likes to kill cats with his paintball gun. There seems to be a redneck attitude that venerates callousness and violence, especially toward non-humans. I understand that in a rural environment many animals pose a treat to people's livelihoods, but they should be dealt with efficiently and with a minimum of suffering. Shooting animals with paintballs is just sadistic.

I hope your mural turns out as you want it to. Infuriating as they are, your neighbors are beneath you.

Man, I hate people too. Some of the chicks at my school just drive me up the wall sometimes, I mean, how can some people be so idiotic and inconsiderate! Ugh! Anywho, that was my angry roar for the day, I feel for you though, fireworks are evil.

I do not like disliking people just because they fit into some category. After all, none of us like for people to do that to us. Why should we do what we hate being done to us?

It is hard to look outside our preconceptions, but we must do that if we actually want the world to be a better place.

I have met some wonderful "Rednecks". They come in all different flavors just as Aspies do. They may talk about, and even do horrible things that shock us, but if you are patient, you may find a redneck near you who will chop a whole pile of wood for a widow for nothing, or do other amazing things, a city slicker would not even think of doing.

Besides, how do you expect to have any influence on someone about hurting cats, if you hate them before you know them?

"Moves and counter-moves" with neighbors no matter how infuriating can be risky business if or when firearms may be in the equation.

I do not like disliking people just because they fit into some category. After all, none of us like for people to do that to us. Why should we do what we hate being done to us?

It is hard to look outside our preconceptions, but we must do that if we actually want the world to be a better place.

I have met some wonderful "Rednecks". They come in all different flavors just as Aspies do. They may talk about, and even do horrible things that shock us, but if you are patient, you may find a redneck near you who will chop a whole pile of wood for a widow for nothing, or do other amazing things, a city slicker would not even think of doing.

Besides, how do you expect to have any influence on someone about hurting cats, if you hate them before you know them?

The way I see it with rednecks is they tend to come in a couple different flavors. There are the good natured "good ol' boy" types who might be the ones to chop a pile of wood for you or give the shirt off their back (Think of the folk on the "Dukes of Hazard.") They can be good company.

Then there is the belligerent, chip on the shoulder, obnoxious, substance abusing and I hate to take a word that left likes to use but I'll put it here, "xenophobic" types who dislike anyone who is not like them. Very anti intellectual. The males of this type in my parts would rarely carry a conversation outside of anything to do with Hunting, guns, pick-up trucks, atvs, hockey, football, UFC, drinking... that probably about covers it. Unfortunately here in Alberta, Canada they are mostly from the second category. In the province of Saskatchewan they seem to be even worse. "White trash" is probably a better description for these. I would imagine the American south would have a higher proportion of the first type as Christianity has a much further reach into peoples lives there on average.

In my living situation I had more than just rednecks to contend with.

This situation is pushing me into serious meltdowns. Obviously! But once again, u guys make me feel better.

My neighbors are always drunk & violent. They drive their trucks thru the hood w big American flags on the back of them. They all own guns & at times, fire them off! Some have even fired guns to scare the deer off their property. The fireworks are the newest development & once 1 did it, they are all now doing it.

Issue here is that they are freaking me out & making me feel scared. I just moved here so can't afford to move again for another year or two.

Thanks everyone for ur support. I'm just going to hide in my home every weekend. That's the only way I can handle this. I have to hide away. Otherwise, I'll get riled up again & meltdown. It's too much for me. My defense mechanism is to hide & isolate...

We used to have an annoying Neighbour before we moved, she was a Foreign woman, what they used to call Manic Depressive but it's called Bipolar now.

To say she was "mad as a box of Frogs" would be too kind IMO :D

Especially where I live. Every man and his brother owns a piece and packs heat. In a way it does keep the peace, but it also can become "risky," as you say.

Yep. Here people seem more peaceable when it comes to their own property. But they also carry the same weapons in their cars, making road rage downright lethal at times.

If you know the person you aren't getting along with is armed...tread softly.

Deer hunting season started here last week (south carolina) and i'm living in a wilderness area, so i have to make sure no one is currently hunting before going too far from the house.
I've been living here a year and still find people's attitudes towards animals offensive, including my brother-in-law. I can understand how u feel.
I haven't made any friends here because i have nothing in common with anyone here.

I'm not liking being in the path of hurricanes (Irma). Have to wait and see if it's going to hit here.

The guy who lives in the building across from me LOVES to get in his truck at random times during the day and rev his engine. He has a knack for doing this on the weekends specifically while I am taking a weekend nap. He just keeps doing it even when I am not napping, almost as if he takes pride in "ticking off the neighbors."

The guy who lives in the building across from me LOVES to get in his truck at random times during the day and rev his engine. He has a knack for doing this on the weekends specifically while I am taking a weekend nap. He just keeps doing it even when I am not napping, almost as if he takes pride in "ticking off the neighbors."

The bad sort of rednecks I mentioned definitely take pride in ticking off the neighbors. Actually that's pretty common among all sorts of low lifes. I remember I was doing some repairs in a grungy apartment building in a bad part of town. There was this mid 20's white trash loser in the apartment with his girlfriend, an aboriginal woman who looked at least 20 years older than him. As I worked he started playing his stereo, some hip hop with a beat that was shaking the walls. He was going on and on at length about his stereo setup and how this is only about 1/4 as loud as it can go... bla bla bla. Congratulations, you're an asshole that's capable of shaking the entire apartment building and pissing everyone off. He also told me that at his old place he lived in a house and would tell his neighbors to put in their ear plugs because he's turning his stereo on. Then he seemed to think they were assholes for giving him trouble about it. :rolleyes: Because it's my job I just smiled and nodded through the whole thing. I hope he pisses off the wrong person one day. In that drug addled neighborhood maybe someone would just silence him without thinking twice.

Off topic somewhat but I had just worked in an apartment above the guy with the stereo right before. The music was just about shaking things off their walls and tables. They were also low life trash who couldn't wait for me to leave before they started snorting... whatever it was. They were too stupid to figure out the music was coming from below and thought it was a car outside. Thankfully I rarely have to work in environments like that.

Once I was out at a ranch party and I came across a stray kitten. It seemed friendly, so I approached and started playing with it. Then some idiot scoffs at me and tells me how he likes to kill cats with his paintball gun. There seems to be a redneck attitude that venerates callousness and violence, especially toward non-humans. I understand that in a rural environment many animals pose a treat to people's livelihoods, but they should be dealt with efficiently and with a minimum of suffering. Shooting animals with paintballs is just sadistic.

I hope your mural turns out as you want it to. Infuriating as they are, your neighbors are beneath you.

Good grief. I hate anyone that would do that to an animal like that. Cats arent dangerous things, that's for sure. They're not some disease-ridden rodent. They're domesticated animals. Even if it was rodents though, the guy is clearly doing it only out of sheer cruelty, which is the same blasted thing.

If someone I knew was doing that... honestly, my reaction would have been simple: Steal paintball gun. Start car. Run over gun with car. Take the remains and nail them to his mailbox as a warning to all other paintball guns that might be tempted to follow his murderous commands.

Not exactly the solution I'd say everyone should use... but I dont call myself "Misery" for nothing. I care for people, and animals, quite a bit, and I would never use violence on anyone, but I dont exactly have a very pleasant disposition. And I simply dont let bullies get away with things, period. The last one that tried acting like a snot was a manager who fired me for something SHE did. I took steps. Her own job was done three days later (I'd given her an extremely blatant and professional verbal warning beforehand to give her a chance to undo it... she didnt, assuming that I couldnt do anything because I was "below" her). It's amazing what talking to the right people in the right way can do. Turns out that higher-ups in many places reeeeeaaalllllyyyy dont take well to managers under them acting badly and giving the company a bad name.

Similar to that, reporting someone like that isnt a bad idea. To me, not enough, but still, that is something that should be considered and something anyone can do. The mere threat of getting in real trouble is enough to stop some people like that guy you mentioned... who are often total cowards... from continuing what they're doing.

how do you expect to have any influence on someone about hurting cats, if you hate them before you know them?
I don't, and I had no opinion of him until he started bragging about torturing small animals.

To be fair, I shouldn't have lumped him in with rednecks. I do admit to having a bias against a subculture that is traditionally antagonistic toward people like me, but you are right, I shouldn't stereotype.

New Threads

Top Bottom