• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

Well, yeah, but when gas was 50 cents a gallon, and cigarettes were 50 cents a pack, I was making 95 cents an hour in a big factory.

R.9d320138cd3a77241961975ec2e4c0a3

Two more from the ad break on that Mary Poppins recording I mentioned earlier, with both adverts from 1994:

Volkswagen Polo - "We thought we'd really drop it"

Tesco - "Babyface"

I remember when I was a kid "Supersoaker" commercials would come on.
then when picking a name for my SUPER CRINGE youtube channel...I looked for inspiration. people loved Ducktales, Transformers...uhhhh....how about "Supersoaker41"?

And I've been locked out of my account ever since.

I remember when I was a kid "Supersoaker" commercials would come on.
then when picking a name for my SUPER CRINGE youtube channel...I looked for inspiration. people loved Ducktales, Transformers...uhhhh....how about "Supersoaker41"?

And I've been locked out of my account ever since.

Reminds me of this advert; I used to have the Super Soaker XP 70 when I was a kid.

I also remember this one from the song:

I collect cigarettes ads from the back of old magazines. I have about 20

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_132749164.jpg
    IMG_20230903_132749164.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 9
One of my favorites, the colors on this one is very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_132653297.jpg
    IMG_20230903_132653297.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 9
I collect cigarettes ads from the back of old magazines. I have about 20
I wonder who was beating up on all those Tareyton smokers. The Marlboro Man?
BTW, I don't have a copy now, but the Marlboro man lives on a planet with two suns. In one of his ads, there's a full moon showing in a sunset. The other one I really wish I'd kept was a smiling male model in a lumberjack shirt, He is all poised to destroy the threads on a plastered-in electrical box, hoping to sell subscriptions to a do-it-yourself magazine, Popular Mechanics.

I remember L.S.M.F.T.! Stuck in my brain for 60 years.
David Ogilvie, one of the tip-top advertising writers once got a taxi in NYC. The cabbie asked him what he did, so David just said he was in advertising. The cabbie was not impressed, saying that ads were never convincing. "You're probably right" David replied. "By the way, what toothpaste do you use?"
"I use Gleem" the driver said "but it's not because of the advertising. It's because I drive cab, and I 'don't have time to brush after every meal.'" - quoting the ads perfectly.

highfashion_99.jpg

Back in late January, I posted some old cigarette advertisement on my Tumblr (I sometimes post vintage ads I find online and think are neat on there) and then like a few weeks ago, it suddenly blew up and kept getting likes and people sharing it onto their own Tumblrs because some accounts specifically dedicated to smoking cigarettes in general or smoking the brand of cigarettes in the advertisement found it and shared it and it was like.

Huh.

IDK what the point in me telling y'all this was but it was a thing that happened and was kinda weird.

View attachment 128366

Back in late January, I posted some old cigarette advertisement on my Tumblr (I sometimes post vintage ads I find online and think are neat on there) and then like a few weeks ago, it suddenly blew up and kept getting likes and people sharing it onto their own Tumblrs because some accounts specifically dedicated to smoking cigarettes in general or smoking the brand of cigarettes in the advertisement found it and shared it and it was like.

Huh.

IDK what the point in me telling y'all this was but it was a thing that happened and was kinda weird.
I don't think I've ever seen the amount of "tar" advertised before. That is unique

New Threads

Top Bottom