• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Okay so I am giving a girl special art instructions and I am getting peed?

AspiePie

Okay the woman has some sort of disability as we are in a special and the problem is she seems to be to intelligent for the classes being given and I am one of the only two getting special art instruction and the problem is she is very intelligent... Right now I am trying to give here reward for trying hard.. The problem is no one has pushed this girl ever and now she is a dead beat who can barely read? Anyone have tips on how to educate special needs adults?

Depends on what exactly her special needs are and, what her challenges or, disabilities are. Perhaps she is severely dyslexic and thus, reading would prove very difficult for her, her intelligence may allow her to understand and remember oral information better than struggling with reading.

If you know she is dyslexic, I've heard that it helps some dyslexic people if you show them how to use paper to separate the words or even each letter of a word. It may direct some of their focus more properly. However, this girl may have multiple issues, so that is tough. Sounds like it'd be helpful for her to have multiple people if possible. Maybe so many others weren't able to help her much or couldn't because of her family support, and maybe even because of who she is herself to a degree. I think it's wonderful that you're trying to make her situation better. I wish there were more people like you!

Depends on what exactly her special needs are and, what her challenges or, disabilities are. Perhaps she is severely dyslexic and thus, reading would prove very difficult for her, her intelligence may allow her to understand and remember oral information better than struggling with reading.
I don't think she is dyslexic... she can read just not that well...

New Threads

Top Bottom