• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NT Depression. (A spinoff from NT Loneliness) (Another heavy sigh)

I had a dream last night with thick snow on the ground and two legged creatures dropping from the sky and running past me.. just ignoring me.
I realised this morning that, for me, the snow represents how bleak I feel at peoples' cold indifference toward me - at least as I see my situation in the real world, while the darkness indicates my inability to see my way forward in my current situation.
Whenever it snows in my dreams it means that in reality the covers have slipped off my feet or I don't have enough blankets and my body is cold.

Whenever it snows in my dreams it means that in reality the covers have slipped off my feet or I don't have enough blankets and my body is cold.

..and I dreamt I ate the worlds biggest marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow had mysteriously disappeared.. :eek:
I sometimes keep a dream diary during periods when my dreams are vivid or disturbing - the act of remembering when they're fresh really aids clarity of recall and, after a time, allowed me to build something of an intuitive dictionary of the symbolism my subconcious uses to communicate, as well as particular events that are playing on my mind, sometimes without me even being aware.
So, rather than be bothered all day by that weird dream of the night before, I find I'm more reassured somehow that there's always a connection between myself and the Universe that's easily forgotten with the worries and distractions going on in the world around me. :)

Spiller, as the resident dream interpreter :) my I ask your opinion? I have (over many years) very repetitively themed dreams .... that is a message to me from me, right?

Spiller, as the resident dream interpreter :) my I ask your opinion? I have (over many years) very repetitively themed dreams .... that is a message to me from me, right?

Heh, I don't claim to interpret dreams, I just look at mine without the judgements I might apply when I'm awake, notice the details and see what feelings they evoke and what thoughts spring up from the feelings.
I don't know if all dreams come from our scientific conception of 'subconscious', I think some may come from our higher selves - the energy field of life in which we're immersed and a part of, the Universe.. if I have a dream which comforts me, am I comforting myself or is a greater power reassuring me that all is ultimately well?
I've had repetitive dreams when I was stressed in the past - especially at school and my first few jobs.. they'd usually be themed on the situation at the time. Also the odd early traumatic event has followed me through the years. Once I recognise it for what it is and decide I don't mind it, that dream usually stops bothering me.

New Threads

Top Bottom