• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Now is a year wait!

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I went to see a social worker today and she confirmed that on the first of June, she sent off my details to those who will decide if I can be registered as disabled.

She kindly said that she personally feels there will be no issue with me being registered as disabled.

I feel so many directions will be opened to me.

Thanks for sharing some good news, Suzanne.

Why will it be a whole year’s wait, though?

Thanks for sharing some good news, Suzanne.

Why will it be a whole year’s wait, though?
Didn't say, but my guess is: first, I am not the only one who is waiting to find out and second, the time of year, I applied, means that in August nearly EVERYONE goes on holiday and then, they have to look careful through my documentation etc and third: could well be due to laziness.

However, the good news is that if I am accepted, they back date, so I will receive a year's worth of money from this year and I can tell you, what a relief that would be, since my poor hubby is the sole earner and his health is not great.

Didn't say, but my guess is: first, I am not the only one who is waiting to find out and second, the time of year, I applied, means that in August nearly EVERYONE goes on holiday and then, they have to look careful through my documentation etc and third: could well be due to laziness.

However, the good news is that if I am accepted, they back date, so I will receive a year's worth of money from this year and I can tell you, what a relief that would be, since my poor hubby is the sole earner and his health is not great.
Hopeful! Relief is on the way.

Sounds hopeful, Suzanne. Hope it all works out for you.

New Threads

Top Bottom