• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not sure what to do for my wife

Deanomyite

My wife is 28 yrs old and has been doing her nightly ritual for as long as she can remember. She cleans her face and combs her hair then brushes her teeth before bed. Starting about 2 or 3 weeks ago she has had a very hard time getting herself to do her night time ritual. She has done self harm to get herself to do the routine. I have tried to talk to her and console her to help get her through it but not much is working. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or read anything about it because we can't find anything online. Any help at all would be great because we are both lost right now. There is nothing we can pin point that has changed or happened to cause this.

What is stopping her? Lack of motivation? Lack of motivation to do anything or just the routine? Is this the only new problem going on? It's specific to that one routine?

I have a suggestion for immediate relief. Go and buy her a package od face cleaning wipes. They may say something like makeup removing wipes, something like that.
Also they make something called Wispas, or similar to that. They are little toothbrushes with a dot of toothpaste in them, you use them once and throw away. You dont need water to use them.
Brush her hair for her, pretend you want to do it for her, like it is your pleasure.
The reason I suggest these things is because she can sit comfortably while doing them, and they are different and hopefully interesting to her.
Once she gets out of the vicious cycle of self loathing, she might feel good enough to handle the problem.

It sounds like she might be really depressed. She should talk to her doctor about her sudden lack of motivation.

thank you all for the advice. I'm not sure any of it will help but i will try and see what happens. A lot of it we have tried before.

New Threads

Top Bottom