• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not sure what I identify as

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
I’m not interested in getting married and want to just be with people my age with autism that’s the same gender as me (male). I don’t want to move on in life and just move in with a roommate and have fun with him after work just like a camp intern bunk. I’m not sexually attracted to men and not sexually attracted to anyone and just want to have a normal teenage relationship with them. I can’t identify as gay because I’m not sexually attracted to men. I only want to have a teenage relationship with men. What do I identify as?

Asexual means you do not experience sexual attraction toward anyone regardless of gender, aromantic means you do not experience romantic feelings toward anyone regardless of gender. Does one or both of those fit you? (It’s absolutely possible to be one, the other, or both (or, of course, neither))

I’m afraid I can’t really go into detail about what might qualify as romantic feelings, since I don’t really know myself, just that it seems to be something I’ve never experienced.

A bromance perhaps. There are many married people who don't have relations. l was in one for many years.

This isn't something to worry about. Whether or not you find the right human to associate with shoudln't be dependant on some culturally-identifying concept of sexuality. Just be in the company of people you enjoy and let things happen. I self identify as heterosexual because I'm attracted to women. However, my perception is that a younger person that hasn't identified with an attraction to any specific gender should leave their options open. This isn't something culture should define. Explore it yourself. Just be aware that regardless of how you identify you'll probably make the exact same mistakes that anyone else does. Good luck to you.

I think I’m asexual-slightly gay

Seriously, you should keep your business to yourself. It's not for anyone to know. They will only take it as permission to involve you in something.

And another thing people give some of their words several different meanings while still speaking the same sentence.

Growing means de-obsessing and keeping one's eyes out of other people's spaces.

I'm INTP (the rarest and best, of course) but almost ENTP and INTJ.

I feel down that I don't really have any autistic friends and that the 2 friends that come over to my house are going to get married soon and then i'll have no one.

How did you end up in this marriage? I sometimes think I would like that, but everyone seems to want a lot of sex.

I get that. l liked him enough that it simply wasn't an issue. Guess you have to just *get in * a relationship and then decide. Some people give into sexual relations because they like the person enough. I know l am deeply attracted to the one l have known. But if they came up without that, l would just have to deal with it because l enjoy their company. l didn't know my marriage would be that way. Maybe it's both of our faults. It's hard to go back. But l have matured alot.

John m has important teaching for sexuality issue, i like the way he writes. Labels are for ppl w narrow minds. Still i have nt ppl i associate with. I identify as just get away from me! Just kidding.

Asexual was my first thought upon reading your post, if you want a label for your identity.

There are people who can be married or live together without sex and still feel much love and
intimacy. Just a different way. It has always worked for me.

But, we all make mistakes too, as John m stated. I wouldn't worry about it either for now.
Just enjoy those you do find you enjoy being around. ;)

I identify as a homosapien hetersexual hypersexual male,if any other gender or orientation a lesbian in a mans body, i do have an affeminate emotional sensative emotional side but fine being a guy. I love my twig and berries.

Ouch! I am a real person, i am not a bot. For proof of my humanity i will submit a picture of my cat!
Imagine a six foot+ tall man who wears dark glasses(glare) scowls always(eyesight issues) dresses like a biker(tactile issues and weight), always wears boots(crippled) and cant talk! I stutter when i can speak at all. The longest i have gone without speaking at all is about a week. I live so far out in the mountains it is not a shopping trip, its a shopping day! My income has been basically non existent for 5 years or so. Where is dude like that suppised to meet these alleged 'real' ppl anyways? I am sure if you met me you wouldnt speak to me, because no one ever does! Never. Really. Do you think i should change, that if i was, you know 'pretty', that ppl would talk to me?

New Threads

Top Bottom