• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not noticing physical issues/effects

Not a joke: buy a cheap pair of padded overalls - the sort that are quilted for cooler temperatures. You should be able to get a pair for $40 or so online. That's a LOT less than the cost of cat scratch fever. You'll be almost Kitty Proof while you're wearing them.

To some degree, if you've got cats, you just sorta get used to the scratches and cuts after awhile.

I had cats once, 4 of them. One of them was a bit overweight, and she'd frequently try to jump up on my lap while I was at the computer. Sometimes this was fine. Othertimes, she would miss. And that's when the claws come out and the wild flailing begins.

It's as much fun as it sounds like it is.

To some degree, if you've got cats, you just sorta get used to the scratches and cuts after awhile.

I had cats once, 4 of them. One of them was a bit overweight, and she'd frequently try to jump up on my lap while I was at the computer. Sometimes this was fine. Othertimes, she would miss. And that's when the claws come out and the wild flailing begins.

It's as much fun as it sounds like it is.

I have cats too. But if you're having to treat wounds after bathing them, then armour is better than antiseptic. One of my cats, now gone to the great catnip party in the sky, was a real monster, one worshipped and feared by every cat in the neighbourhood. The mad thing loved me dearly, but if he needed a bath the claws would come out - more as climbing spikes than weapons - and they were about the right size for taking down an antelope.

New Threads

Top Bottom