• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Noisy People at Work.

OMG YES!! I just want to hit them over the head with a chair!! I now take my breaks early (thankfully my breaks are flexible!) so I generally have the staff room to myself. Am job hunting, but don't know what I can find where I don't have this issue!!
SERIOUSLY doesn't help that I share a room with the two biggest backstabbing gossips who ACTUALLY read their e-mails out loud and chatter non-stop about what they are doing - seriously don't want to know what her kids ate for breakfast today!!! AAAGHH!!!
Oh goodness, the problem I had with breaks! Because people wanted to take breaks together - they all did, and they felt slighted when I refused to take my breaks with them. I liked them as people, but to spend my "break" listening to them talking even more would leave me more exhausted for going back to work!!

Oh goodness, the problem I had with breaks! Because people wanted to take breaks together - they all did, and they felt slighted when I refused to take my breaks with them. I liked them as people, but to spend my "break" listening to them talking even more would leave me more exhausted for going back to work!!
Yes, breaks have often been my biggest stress, and the reason I left a factory job I enjoyed - we HAD to take breaks at the same time and there was nowhere to go other than the huge break room and a small courtyard for the smokers. I went to my doctor and said I was hiding in the toilet most of my break and he supported me leaving. I've been called a snob and rude at my current job (subtly, so the women don't get in trouble) because I time my breaks when the staff room is most quiet, and I'll often just walk around the block during lunch, as I only get a half hour so am limited. Not liking the start of winter at the moment, as I'm stuck indoors more.

I understand where you're coming from. I used to work in retail. I hated to hear kids screaming. That really annoyed the crap out of me! My ears are sensitive. I've actually had to walk to another part of the store to try to get away from the noise.

All I wanted growing up was to be a stay at home mum and raise a family. Now I'm a solo parent I must get out and work - how I miss being at home and focusing on my home and kids! I feel work sucks all the life out of me and I can't do a good job at parenting any more. I so wish I could throw in my job and stay home. I know the kids and I would all be happier.

Even if you are hyper-sensitive to noises, as many here are, it is still rude for people to be noisy in a shared work (or residential) environment. Just my two cents.

New Threads

Top Bottom