• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nixmorf School

Kayla55

Ok, so there was a lot of chaos, disorganised emotions etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

So for many of us ABA school is simply not an option, so what happened is due to budget constraints and unavailable resources, Mom was having more DIY projects with raising kids. I like the idea a lot, and want to employ at least one male teacher!! Aside from all communication delay I feel environment is suitable for daughters too!

So history of Maria Montessori was that of teaching disabled children, and it was such a fantastic model that it was adapted for regular kids. What it lacks is a class for school readiness, additional support for English language and communication and few minor details.
So this is where Montessori (Italian) and nixmorf (Hungarian with borrowed influences) school would differ, (not sure why Waldorf School is different from Montessori??)
One of major features in this is that there are more benefits than homeschooling and takes the work load off mom, so she is refreshed and better handling other tasks. Taxi to speech and occupational therapist and whatever else

It's a need in the market.
I'd like to hear from others and specify a debate on what's best for our children

What's "Nixmorf"?

I couldn't get any results searching for that.

Got a variety of results for 'Nixdorf', but I don't think they
apply to this thread.

1679061115115.png

What's "Nixmorf"?

I couldn't get any results searching for that.

Got a variety of results for 'Nixdorf', but I don't think they
apply to this thread.

It's a new concept to say I found a Waldorf option with language support. I want to start this, it doesn't exist.

Some issue to discuss
- child needs help in bathroom but can learn maths
- my child takes loads of meds
- time out room for overload
- policy on dealing with meltdown and calming

Of course we should include this and only later primary is really developing socially so education and support in first few years is where we aimed with this

Why would I accept some of low functioning children on readiness program, to assess and allow them access to toys n learning materials, to make our own IQ tests and give objective opinion. Even if not verbal it doesn't mean you can't learn at same pace, all children are good at something.

New Threads

Top Bottom