• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newspapers

clg113

Still crazy, after all these years
I posted something on another thread that made me wonder. Do you read the newspaper? Do you read it every day? Do you subscribe to a newspaper? I have the newspaper delivered to my home. I spend the first couple of hours, of every day reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. This is a routine that I have had for a very, very long time. However, non of my adult children read the paper. Nobody I know, that I have asked, read the paper. My wife does not read the paper. It looks like I am more of a oddball than I thought. Comments?

I used to buy the Sheffield Star most days, but since the price went up to 70 p a copy with no increase in content, I kind of refuse on principle to buy it, especially on a Thursday now that the jobs section has shrunk to a page and a bit if that.

Haven't subscribed to a newspaper in decades. But then there was also a time when I faithfully bought "TV Guide" each week.

Never would have dreamed back then to see the tv guide on tv itself. But then I remember laughing when my father once told me pay tv was coming. :oops:

Last edited:
I buy TV Choice magazine every week, because out of all the TV magazines that are on the Shelves every week it's the cheapest at 52 p.

Grew up reading the newspapers, my Father subscribed to two, everyone in the family read them. We fought over the saturday morning comics and as teen girls the fashion section and my father and brother over the sports section. There was a small local newspaper that everyone read once a week as well. In the area I live in, many people can be seen at restaurants and cafes reading the four local newspapers.

When you go to a coffee shop or restaurant it's not uncommon to see a couple both reading newspapers as they eat their meal. I don't subscribe anymore, but I like the paper in my hands, so I often pick them up in restaurants and read at the table. Also read all the news online, as my husband does.

Last edited:
My family gets our local newspaper and I used to flip through it, but lately I haven't been reading it anymore.

No. I rarely read news, it's too depressing. If I do I check online. I get my area's local paper and I sometimes check for community events. Otherwise I don't look at it.

I tend to only read newspapers online these days. There are still some free newspapers in London but they are incredibly dull and tend to be owned by oligarchs who want to push a particular narrative.

I do it about once a week, generally in conjunction with a fast food lunch. Only the Sun, though, even though its bias is horrible, because I don't want to read a broadsheet at Harvey's. Otherwise it's all online for me, and not on either local paper's site.

I'm a subscriber to Positive News, although that switched from a newspaper format to a magazine a couple of years ago.

Whenever I visit another region of the UK I always try to buy a local paper. You might think they would be of no interest to someone from outside the area, but somehow they are so fascinating.

TV Choice has recently gone up to 55p a week, but it's still the cheapest and has the best content.

My parents still get the newspaper every day. They used to have it delivered, but when they moved, that wasn't a possibility any more, so my Mum usually picks one up every day.

I very occasionally read the Metro, as it's free and they always have a stack of them on the bus. I used to sometimes get the South Wales Echo, but to be honest it's mostly adverts. Other than that, I have 2 news apps on my phone which i check a few times a day. They have notifications on them too so they let me know if there's any breaking news.

Top Bottom