• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi @Meowser18 :) I am a 51 yr old woman and I received my diagnosis of ASD2 and ADHD combined types late last year. I am also "2e".You are among many of us "late diagnosed" Autistic people around here. Welcome and make yourself comfortable!
2e?

Welcome. There has been so many mental doors opened for me here. This site has helped me understand stimming, masking, learning to sit with my feelings and then let them go instead of building up into a cacophony of self-hatred and despair. Look forward to your posts.

Hi @Meowser18 :) I am a 51 yr old woman and I received my diagnosis of ASD2 and ADHD combined types late last year. I am also "2e".You are among many of us "late diagnosed" Autistic people around here. Welcome and make yourself comfortable!
Thank you! I’m really beginning to think there are a lot of us out there. I look forward to learning more and talking with others on here.

Welcome. There has been so many mental doors opened for me here. This site has helped me understand stimming, masking, learning to sit with my feelings and then let them go instead of building up into a cacophony of self-hatred and despair. Look forward to your posts.
Yes I didn’t even realize what I was doing was considered stimming ! I’m a hair twirler and face toucher when I’m stressed. There’s so much to learn!

Hello and welcome, @Meowser18. I hope you have a meaningful experience here. Let us know if you need help figuring things out on the forum.

I figured it out at 56, after 15 years of knocking around various dysfunctional family groups and therapies. Mother was dying, and sister was distressed at never having gotten a motherly response from her. I did yet another search on the nascent 'net, and ran across a list of thirteen common Asperger's symptoms. I hadn't scored that high on anything before, and suddenly, both my life and mother's made sense. I doubt that she ever suspected it - she used to volunteer at a mental institution to make sure she could pass for sane. She loved books, and a couple of anecdotes I wrote about her adventures came out so well they got published.

Thanks for your reply! My family was much the same. No emotional attachment with either parent but worst was mom. We got good physical care but little else.

Thanks for your reply! My family was much the same. No emotional attachment with either parent but worst was mom. We got good physical care but little else.
Yeah, I used to hear about major abuse in the recovery groups but not much about quiet neglect. I read about the problems of a group of Romanian orphans whose caretakers just didn't have time to hold them or talk to them, and my counselor told me I also have an attachment disorder. I got both that and the aspie genes from mom, but we are not supposed to talk about cold mothers these days.

New Threads

Top Bottom