• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newbie intro.

fozz

Hi all.
After many years of struggling with things, it came to light that I may be neurodivergent. It was suggested to me that I say hi to you all and talk about experiences we may have in common. I have not been diagnosed but I am awaiting an assessment. As a fifty something bloke this has come as a bit of a curve ball and I'm not convinced of it all yet. The psychologist that I'm working with keeps coming back to the subject and he makes a lot of sense explaining why I feel the way I do in certain situations. I would love to chat or be pointed in the right direction in exploring this further. Any advice will be great.
Peace, Love and raspberry jam to all. :grinning:

1683813343412.png

Welcome to the forums. There are many here who were diagnosed late in life. I was in my early 40s when someone suggested Asperger's to me, and I had no clue or even suspected that I was neurologically different when called out. By the time I received my diagnosis, it really made no impact until much later in my life as it saved my job in my 60s. I am on the very high-functioning end of the spectrum and it would take a lot of time around me to see the signs, but they are most definitely there if you know what to look for.

Welcome. Being diagnosed later in life is strange. My spouse for the longest time would refer to me lovingly as her aspie guy. I did not take that seriously until life changes ended up triggering me to inhabit a dysfunctional past. That is when I sought professional help.

@fozz
Hello and welcome to the site. I hope you find a great deal of understanding here, anything that can help you. I think sometimes in the beginning, accepting a diagnosis or not is less important than having a space to talk about what some of your challenges are and a place to read what others’ challenges are. One of the most validating things about having autism for me was relating so wholly to the experiences of people on this forum.

Welcome. Raspberry jam sounds delish with a spot of tea and a croissant. Just learn about this and perhaps you may understand things better.

@fozz
Great to have you with us! You will definitely find alot of help and advice here~ Though the most important part is always unique, amazing people. We have that in spades here. ^.^

Hi all.
After many years of struggling with things, it came to light that I may be neurodivergent. It was suggested to me that I say hi to you all and talk about experiences we may have in common. I have not been diagnosed but I am awaiting an assessment. As a fifty something bloke this has come as a bit of a curve ball and I'm not convinced of it all yet. The psychologist that I'm working with keeps coming back to the subject and he makes a lot of sense explaining why I feel the way I do in certain situations. I would love to chat or be pointed in the right direction in exploring this further. Any advice will be great.
Peace, Love and raspberry jam to all. :grinning:
Welcome! I have not been diagnosed formally yet but did go online and took a whole slew of tests. They all put me on the spectrum. I suggest if you haven't yet, visit YouTube and look up some of our fellow autism folks and hear their stories. I saw myself so much. And, btw, I am 65 and just started this 6 months ago. I was pretty shocked when I started taking online quizzes. My neurologist has put in a referral for me to be seen by the autism center at our medical center. Still waiting to be "formal"!

New Threads

Top Bottom