• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NewBee, hello!

NicholRuth

Hello,

I'm old, I'm not fully diagnosed, I'm a mess, I have a life long history of attracting sexual predators and bullies; and I'm just waking up in time to fight :) I'm also good with animals and love water. My current focus is Beekeeping. I've created my own occupation, I'm a Hive Architect; I think it has a nice ring to it! Ask anything... I always tell the truth, even if it's blunt lol!

upload_2017-5-25_9-19-43.png

Hello,

I'm old, I'm not fully diagnosed, I'm a mess, I have a life long history of attracting sexual predators and bullies; and I'm just waking up in time to fight :) I'm also good with animals and love water. My current focus is Beekeeping. I've created my own occupation, I'm a Hive Architect; I think it has a nice ring to it! Ask anything... I always tell the truth, even if it's blunt lol!
How much honey do you produce? Honey is very good for the body.. I love honey although im alergic to bees haha....!

How much honey do you produce? Honey is very good for the body.. I love honey although im alergic to bees haha....!

Hello Danny :) I don't keep bees for honey production, I let them store it for winter feed. You could think of the comb as one, big food pantry... I was deeply impacted by the therapeutic effect the bees had on me. My senses are nothing short of euphoric when I submerge into their embrace one could say? My specific condition includes a gift for building, it was easy and natural to transition my focus to Beehives. It's a shame your allergic; the bees are a wonderful form of treatment.

And honey, how I love thee... Especially creamed honey, yummm...

Hello Danny :) I don't keep bees for honey production, I let them store it for winter feed. You could think of the comb as one, big food pantry... I was deeply impacted by the therapeutic effect the bees had on me. My senses are nothing short of euphoric when I submerge into their embrace one could say? My specific condition includes a gift for building, it was easy and natural to transition my focus to Beehives. It's a shame your allergic; the bees are a wonderful form of treatment.

How much honey do you produce?

Honey is very good for the body.. I love honey although im alergic to bees haha....!

Yes my dear honey is great stuff.. Im glad you have bee keeping to focus on and keep you occupied.. If you find that doing that helps then keep at it... Well done to you. I was stung on the index finger aged 15 and my finger tripled in width... Thus im allergic to the sting. I puy honey in cups of green tea. Very nice.........!

Yes my dear honey is great stuff.. Im glad you have bee keeping to focus on and keep you occupied.. If you find that doing that helps then keep at it... Well done to you. I was stung on the index finger aged 15 and my finger tripled in width... Thus im allergic to the sting. I puy honey in cups of green tea. Very nice.........!
I know long time Beekeepers who have suddenly developed deathly allergic reactions Danny. Just as they have suddenly become allergic, a person can outgrow the allergen. How many years ago was 15!? If it's important to you, you could safely be tested by a doctor. Since Beekeepers are typically shocked when the sudden reaction occurs, they tend to attempt 'venom therapy' as a way to return to their bees. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I also know pregnant woman who expose there unborn babies to venom as a way to build resilience. Bee venom causes swelling in non allergic people as well, not to undermine your personal experience; just saying that I don't know anyone who doesn't react. To advocate, bee venom is knows to relieve arthritic and joint pain :)

Im 43 now so that was around 1989 i got stung... You have a lot of knowledge on bees dont you.. Well done.. I never knew that much about bees until now.. Must be a very interrsting hobby for you...! Its fascinating what people enjoy..!

New Threads

Top Bottom