• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Years Resolution - 2014

Vanilla

Your friendly neighbourhood hedgehog
V.I.P Member
Hi all :D

I know some of you aren't all too keen on Christmas, or New Years celebrations, but I thought I'd put something up here for those who would perhaps like the chance to make a New Years resolution. Whether you're in a good, or bad place, in your life; here you have the chance to give yourself something to work towards, and look forward to. It can be anything you want; to improve something, to try something new, to make a change in your life, whatever. Feel free to share your story, and write down as many resolutions as you'd like.

I'll start with mine:

This year I hope to do well in my studies, and hopefully will do well to make friends with my new class mates :D

I want to be a better person than I have been this year---stronger, wiser, more patient, and less selfish.

****, I don't know. I guess:
-- Study harder
-- Work harder
-- Get better exercise (everyone says this, lol)
-- Get money
-- Apply for grad school
-- Transition (or at least start)

I've learned to set realistic goals for myself when it comes to New Year resolutions, so I think mine this year is "Keep being awesome!"

Create a financial model that reflects sustainability instead of operating at a loss.

At my advanced age of 56, and with all my grey hair has come the wisdom to know NOT to make New Year's resolutions because I never, ever, keep them!

;)

Alas, the time of year has come.

1. Write my novel, the plot is confidential.

2. Learn university physics so i can branch my maths out to mathematical physics.

3. Register a company to sell my software.

4. What the heck? Meet a girl!...?

5. Learn to regrow my tail!!!!!

From what i can see, no.5 is most likely to happen:

4a6arypy.jpg

Alas, the time of year has come.

1. Write my novel, the plot is confidential.

2. Learn university physics so i can branch my maths out to mathematical physics.

3. Register a company to sell my software.

4. What the heck? Meet a girl!...?

5. Learn to regrow my tail!!!!!

From what i can see, no.5 is most likely to happen:

4a6arypy.jpg

Lol, regrow your tail???

I just hope to understand my career orientation better. I really have little confidence on the journey ahead of me, I really wish I know myself better in 2014.

What can I do for both money and interest? I intend to explore this until I am engaged in my answer. :)

I usually hate New Years Resolutions and resolve not to make resolutions :p

But, I feel like I need to make some this year
-be less self centered, and more attentive of others
-try to be more organized
-exercise and eat better
-find happiness within myself, especially when feeling down and alone.

-be less self centered, and more attentive of others
-try to be more organized
-exercise and eat better
-find happiness within myself, especially when feeling down and alone.

But none of that can be measured, so how will you know if you accomplished any of these resolutions?

But none of that can be measured, so how will you know if you accomplished any of these resolutions?

I see no reason it can't be measured, if not in completely quantifiable terms. At the end of the year, one can look back and say, "You know, I think I actually did a pretty good job." Along the way, we can be conscious of our actions and our thoughts, which maybe is the best part of new year resolutions: self-awareness.

New Threads

Top Bottom