• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this forum

Swalling

Hello, I just found this site tonight. I’m a 57 (almost 58) aspie, formally diagnosed wit high functioning autism at the age of 36. It’s been a long many years trying to adjust and find my place in the world. I am highly focused on my career and currently going through a Leadership Development School at my place of employment. Part of the training so far has been personalities typing - no surprise, I am a Type 5! Some schools of though are that aspires are more likely to be Type 5, but I have a strong health line to Type 8…thoughts? I have a lot of typical aspie thoughts and tendencies that I can’t even begin to verbalize. Help…please!

Welcome!

I'm not familiar with the personalities typing you're speaking of with the different numbers - would you like to tell us more about that perhaps? (The ones I'm familiar with are MBTI / Myers-Briggs and various "four colour" typing)

Hi and welcome. Is it the Eneagram personality types you are referring to? What type of work do you do? It's good that you are here, I hope that you enjoy it and will join in and share your ideas.

Welcome to the forum.
Exactly what are types 5 and 8? Sounds quite interesting. Congrats on your success and going forward in your career.

Look forward to hearing from you.

welcome to af.png

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with the number personality types either. Sounds interesting.

There is a lot of things to read about from many people here.
Take a look at some of the threads and what everyone shares. It really varies.

Glad you joined us and hope to see you participate in discussions. :)

Hello, I just found this site tonight. I’m a 57 (almost 58) aspie, formally diagnosed wit high functioning autism at the age of 36. It’s been a long many years trying to adjust and find my place in the world. I am highly focused on my career and currently going through a Leadership Development School at my place of employment. Part of the training so far has been personalities typing - no surprise, I am a Type 5! Some schools of though are that aspires are more likely to be Type 5, but I have a strong health line to Type 8…thoughts? I have a lot of typical aspie thoughts and tendencies that I can’t even begin to verbalize. Help…please!
Welcome.=)

Hello, and welcome!

Part of the training so far has been personalities typing - no surprise, I am a Type 5! Some schools of though are that aspires are more likely to be Type 5, but I have a strong health line to Type 8…thoughts?

I am also unfamiliar with this, but it seems you have sparked our curiosity.

This is a great place for curiosity and learning, and sometimes connecting, and hopefully having fun, too. Glad you have joined.

Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcome. I am going through a Leadership Development training program for my job, and the Enneagram personality typing is what they have chosen to use to help us identify our own personality types and identify the types of those we have on our team. I have taken the Myers’s-Briggs and identified as INTP, which was very surprising to me. I believe I have learned to adapt and mimic in order to conform to other people’s expectations. I also feel that is a trait shared by many people who are very high on the autism spectrum. Thoughts?

Type 5’s tend to be intense, cerebral, perceptive, innovative, secretive, and isolated…in other words, needing to study and learn and understand everything while also needing to have private time to just run away from stress, noise and chaos! LOL. Type 8s tend to be dominating, need to control situations, dictate how a project moves forward, delegate who will do what…..

As for me, I don’t handle high stress situations well. I can pretend (or mask) to get through any tough situation, but I really need my alone time so that I can decompress. Sometimes I just need to chill out alone, with my rag doll from my childhood, if I don’t get that time alone I can explode with a whole slew of emotions that I can’t control or comprehend.

Anyone else here experience that?

Five sounds so familiar.
Yes, l do take time to unwind, l need darkness, aloneness, and isolate so that l can just nature myself. If l have somebody l like near me, it's not as bad. Like a partner, that can pull me out of my funk.

I don't need to control unless l am feeling physically threatened. However l will be pushed into roles of charge because l stay calm during most stressful situations. Except this last hurricane in Sept had me pacing, and wiping out a bag of chocolate, and trying to decide if l should cry. Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom