• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Song WTYM

Are you using real instruments or a software generator thing?
I programmed the bass (don't have a good bass at the moment), the guitars are mine (Jackson dropped tuned to C). Programmed the drums. Keyboards, I'll use samples, program them or play them on my keyboard if I can't find what I like.

Are you using real instruments or a software generator thing?
69418845586__F704A160-DB38-496F-B92E-EAC27AB752A7.jpeg

I remembered the guitar (it's strikingly handsome) and thought it was too expressive in the mix to be generated. But, as I listened to the song, I thought to myself "These bass notes are the same. Same timbre. Same sustain. Definitely the same bass notes. Definitely, definitely the same." And so I thought they must be generated or something. Same deal for the drums.

I want to be clear I'm not negging on it. I have no experience with generators or emulators and only recently found out they exist and the crazy amount of things they can do. It takes a lot of skill and time to compose regardless of where the sounds came from. It's neat to really hear them as most pop songs have these elements buried so deep in the mix they are hard to identify.

I remembered the guitar (it's strikingly handsome) and thought it was too expressive in the mix to be generated. But, as I listened to the song, I thought to myself "These bass notes are the same. Same timbre. Same sustain. Definitely the same bass notes. Definitely, definitely the same." And so I thought they must be generated or something. Same deal for the drums.

I want to be clear I'm not negging on it. I have no experience with generators or emulators and only recently found out they exist and the crazy amount of things they can do. It takes a lot of skill and time to compose regardless of where the sounds came from. It's neat to really hear them as most pop songs have these elements buried so deep in the mix they are hard to identify.
No, no worries...I understand. If I could have drums, I would love to play them live. The bass I have is not that good, so I have to resort to programming it...I'm ok with that. :) It is what it is and I make do. You have a great ear.

If I could have drums
I've wanted a drum set for over a decade. We just don't have the room for it. If we did, though...

The bass I have is not that good
Anecdotal story:

I owned a bass for almost a year and was totally uninspired. It just wasn't what I'd imagined and I only kept it because it looked great on the wall. I thought the bass was no good or I was no good. Then one day it hit me: I was using a practice amp for a guitar and it probably couldn't produce the low frequencies I was feeding into it (either because it physically couldn't or it had built-in crossovers to prevent it from self destructing). This was exacerbated because I'd restrung my four-string bass to BEAD.

So I went to the music shop and plugged in to a real bass amp, and proceeded to rattle the entire soundproof room and everything in it. I bought that amp straight away. Now I'm super inspired and practice every chance I get. This thing digs so hard and low the cats think it's end-time prophecy fulfilled. As a bonus it works with regular guitars too - giving them a darker tone - and it's been my main amp since.

I've wanted a drum set for over a decade. We just don't have the room for it. If we did, though...

Anecdotal story:

I owned a bass for almost a year and was totally uninspired. It just wasn't what I'd imagined and I only kept it because it looked great on the wall. I thought the bass was no good or I was no good. Then one day it hit me: I was using a practice amp for a guitar and it probably couldn't produce the low frequencies I was feeding into it (either because it physically couldn't or it had built-in crossovers to prevent it from self destructing). This was exacerbated because I'd restrung my four-string bass to BEAD.

So I went to the music shop and plugged in to a real bass amp, and proceeded to rattle the entire soundproof room and everything in it. I bought that amp straight away. Now I'm super inspired and practice every chance I get. This thing digs so hard and low the cats think it's end-time prophecy fulfilled. As a bonus it works with regular guitars too - giving them a darker tone - and it's been my main amp since.
Nice...monster bass.

My Dinky Pro Jackson is tuned to B and I have a Blackjack Schecter 7 string that is a monster, but I hate the 9 volt EMG pickups...looking to change those out and most likely the bridge as well. Was actually thinking about tuning that to A.

New Threads

Top Bottom